Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Default Re: To Call or Not to Call

If the examiner wrote that statement without getting into legal specifics, it sounds like she was trying to write a decision that would be more difficult for the employer to challenge on appeal. If the examiner wrote an opinion that interpreted the law, she would risk being reversed based on a challenge of that interpretation, but it's much more difficult to dispute a finding predicated upon an employer's failure to adequately respond (or respond at all) to the facts as presented by the former employee.

Thank you Mr Knowitall -- can you clarify that last part though? Meaning what in detail ? I am trying to get opinions in terms of how likely it is the employer would even appeal after losing to the Examiner on this case -- I will copy the letter word for word when I get home too!

There really isn't any way to gauge how likely any given employer is to appeal a decision.

I figured as much. Thought I would ask. :-) If and when they did, at that point the burden of proof is on them, correct? Seeing as the Examiner found in favor of my good cause quit

Quote Quoting Joeyzoom
    View Post
    If and when they did, at that point the burden of proof is on them, correct?
    No, you quit, and you continue to carry the burden throughout the next appeal. AFTER an appeal hearing and a favorable decision, then things would be sort of in your favor because the board generally won't disturb the findings of fact.

Got ya. Well I will keep that in mind if it comes to that ! Either way, I have my cavalry waiting. I think everyone going through this should be pre-emptively prepared.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6