Default Landlord is Discarding Personal Property After the Tenant Went to Jail

My question involves civil rights in the State of: PENNSYLVANIA

I lived with my boyfriend for 7 months. He rented a house from his mother and step father. (My name was not on the lease)
    He and his mother did not get along she always accused him of drugs.
    My boyfriend got pulled over and now is in jail. All of my belongings are inside of the house and my boyfriend
    Gave me permission to be inside the house. His mother boarded up all of the doors and will not let me inside. She sold a dirt bike of his
    And now she is saying she's going to burn everything that's inside of the house. What can I do to get my (our) things out of the house, am I really not allowed inside? What's allowed and what's not allowed?

Default Re: My Boyfriend is in Jail Can Landlord Throw Away Belongings

Quote Quoting EV09527
    View Post
    My question involves civil rights in the State of: PENNSYLVANIA

I lived with my boyfriend for 7 months. He rented a house from his mother and step father. (My name was not on the lease)
    He and his mother did not get along she always accused him of drugs.
    My boyfriend got pulled over and now is in jail. All of my belongings are inside of the house and my boyfriend
    Gave me permission to be inside the house. His mother boarded up all of the doors and will not let me inside. She sold a dirt bike of his
    And now she is saying she's going to burn everything that's inside of the house. What can I do to get my (our) things out of the house, am I really not allowed inside? What's allowed and what's not allowed?
    Were you living in the house with him? If so, then you were legally a tenant and she had no right to keep you out of the house unless she took you to court and won an eviction case. I would suggest that you contact the police and see if they will do anything to help you retrieve your property.

You are entitled to 15 days notice in PA I believe.

Quote Quoting EV09527
    View Post
    The wrong has already been done.

If the police won't help you get your stuff out you'll have no choice but to file a lawsuit against his parents for the return of your property.

1. Sponsored Links