Default How Long Does It Take to Receive a Red Light Camera Ticket

Hello,

I had a question pertaining to how long it will take before I receive a Red Light Camera violation. I will also explain my situation and want to know if it's possible to get out of it when it does arrive or should I just pay it.

At an intersection, I pulled up to the left lane and I initially stopped, but I heard a weird noise from the back of my car. In fact, the "tire pressure" light came on and was blinking and I sort of panic'd. For some reason I looked to see if there was a no turn on red sign, which there wasn't but the arrow was red and it was green for the oncoming traffic, as well as those going straight on my end. So, I was rolled up a little to see if I had a flat or something and went a tad too far. The car behind me had moved up and I really had no where to go. So after the oncoming traffic past, I made the left turn and I immediately knew it was against the law, but I feared getting stuck in the intersection and creating accidents or a logjam. I drove for a minute to see if felt fine and then I pulled over to check the tires which appeared to be ok, but I definitely owe a visit to the mechanic given the tire pressure light turned on and was blinking. I know I made a mistake however and I live in New York btw.

Sorry for the ramble and thanks in advance for reading this!

Default Re: How Long Does It Take to Receive a Red Light Camera Ticket

Since I'm in California, I have no idea how much of this applies in New York.

The fact that a picture might have been taken doesn't mean you'll be cited.

I don't think your flat or low tire question is going to get you very far. You can probably ignore a traffic signal for safety reasons (you can in California) but I don't know that a low tire indication is a reason to do that.

1. Sponsored Links