Question Court Ordering a Hair Follicle Test to Establish Custody and Visitation

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Maryland. I currently have temporary custody of our child. My dilemma is although she appears to be clean while on her supervised visits, I believe she is still in active use due to her history of drug addiction and erratic behavior. Is it possible when I get to present my case in Circuit Court, to have a hair follicle test implemented to prove previous drug use to insure the safety of our child, to prevent any unsupervised visitation? Is this admissible in the sate of MD, and am I within my rights to ask for this procedure? Currently on probation for an unrelated charge, she is given random urinalysis. I feel she is an experienced drug user and is very aware of the amount of time it takes for the drugs she prefers to be out of her system. The hair follicle test goes back 90 days, which would prove my case completely. If the test is possible to have court ordered, who usually incurs the cost of such a test? It should be also known she has other children that she has lost complete rights to and physical custody of, due to drug addiction issues and a drug conviction.

Default Re: Court Ordering a Hair Follicle Test to Establish Custody and Visitation

You can ask. I have heard of stranger things being ordered. One thing is sure, if you do not ask it to be a condition, it will not be ordered by the judge.

Default Re: Court Ordering a Hair Follicle Test to Establish Custody and Visitation

In my case my attorney told me that if I requested it and volunteered to pay for it, my judge would order it. He said that was my judge's standard procedure for hair tests. I didn't end up asking for one though.

I would ask your attorney about how your particular judge usually handles them.

1. Sponsored Links