Default Zero Tolerance Drunk Driving Charges Against a Minor

My question involves criminal law for the state of: north carolina
    So one night I was with my friends (I am 16) and I had just filled up on gas and we were going down a street and a car with other teens in the car would not let us over on purpose and we were both speeding (he was going faster) then I pulled onto a side street and noticed a car behind me but it didn't have their headlights on it only looked like the daytime running lights and it was at night and he was driving the opposite way when he clocked me speeding. So that is one of my questions is can he be driving with just his dtr lights and not his headlights.He waited a little to pull me and when he did he saw beer and weed and asked me If I had been drinking I said no but then said yes because I had half a beer he pulled me out of the car did a the drunk test on me then breathalyzed me and I blew a .02 (he did all this without my parent present) and he said that was equal to 3 beers which is not true at all. But I ended up with an underage DUI, possession of weed, open container, and speeding so what am I going to have to do to get it expunged.

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

Default Re: Rules of Expungement and Police Rights with Minors

You're not going to get it expunged. I don't even think you know what that word means. Tell your parents you need them to hire you an attorney. They need to sell your car and if the DMV hasn't already done do, they need to surrender your license back to the DMV. You're not ready for that type of responsibility.

Default Re: Rules of Expungement and Police Rights with Minors

So that is one of my questions is can he be driving with just his dtr lights and not his headlights.
    Yep. And how the officer was laying in wait for you doesn't impact what the officer FOUND upon pulling you over.

he pulled me out of the car did a the drunk test on me then breathalyzed me and I blew a .02 (he did all this without my parent present)
    The officer doesn't need your parent's permission to breathalyze you. The law isn't going to let you hide behind your parents when you decide to drink and drive.

Time to tell the P's: you need an attorney

1. Sponsored Links