Default Notice of International Commercial Claim Administrative Remedy

My boyfriend has received a NOTICE OF INTERNATIONAL COMMERCIAL CLAIM ADMINISTRATIVE REMEDY via email from his ex-wife and she has indicated she will be having it served to him. Is this a real thing? It indicates he must respond within 10 days, is he required to respond?

Default Re: Notice of International Commercial Claim Administrative Remedy

I've never heard of it.

I googled and found a sample:

http://anyserver.ca/library/Law/Unit...ive_remedy.pdf

Looks like BS to me.

Then I found this:

http://www.scamchecker.com/report/mi...istrative-reme

Which convinces me that the lunatic ex-wife is blowing smoke and your BF would be well advised to ignore it and avoid any discussions with her about it.

If she has any legitimate beef with him she can file proper papers with the court and (unless he's easily emasculated) he can handle that when it happens.

Thank you for your quick response. I figured that it might be bogus but I wanted to make sure.

There is a pending hearing for a modification request in the state of Oregon that my BF initiated due to his ex continuing to ignore his visitation rights and taking the kids out of the state and country for extended periods of time. He is seeking to limit her travel among a few other reasonable things. Due to the fact she has joined Divine Province she refuses to attend the hearing or acknowledge any outcome of that hearing because I guess in Divine Province U.S. laws do not apply to them in their eyes. I really wish she would just file something sane in the U.S. courts so he would know what he would have to do because it would be clear.

Does your BF have an attorney?

Yes, she is actually named as a respondent in the Claim also. She doesn't seem worried about it but she has never had a case like this before that has an international element. She doesn't seem to concerned about the claim but I just wanted to do a little research to make sure. The ex and kids are currently in Belize. Do you know, if the judge decides in my BF's favor, which I am sure he will, will the modification be acknowledged in another country? I am starting to think he needs to hire an international attorney.

Quote Quoting Lpalo
    View Post
    Do you know, if the judge decides in my BF's favor, which I am sure he will, will the modification be acknowledged in another country?
    I don't know for a fact but my gut tells me that he's wasting his time and his money on a US lawyer in an Oregon court.

My guess is that he needs to hire an attorney who practices in and is located in Belize and also has experience with US divorce and custody laws.

He's the one who is going to have to file something in a Belize court.

It's going to be a court and the authorities in Belize who will have leverage over her there. Otherwise she can just thumb her nose at the US courts and all she has to do is stay there and she wins. She doesn't have to file anything anywhere. The distance alone will keep him at bay if he's not willing and able to take the fight to Belize.

Thank you again for the response, that is what I figured.

He had all ready started the process in Oregon before she went to Belize and has decided to follow through with it since the hearing is very close. She lived in the states when he started the process and left to New Zealand and then straight to Belize, she was suppose to come back to the U.S. but I believe decided not to because of a Temp Status Quo order preventing her from traveling for more than 10 days with the kids. I believe she was afraid of what may happen if she came back. This is very frustrating and he will most likely end up hiring an attorney in Belize, however, they are years behind the U.S. court system and still live by the "Mom gets the kids no matter what" idea. She has family here and I am thinking at some point she may become reasonable and decide that it is in the kids best interest to have a relationship with their father so that she won't feel like she can't enter the U.S.
    We would move to Belize to be near the kids but have no guarantee she will move somewhere else or travel for extended periods of time interrupting my BF's parenting time. We have looked in to filing a Hague Application, however, it just seems so extreme but may become necessary.

Wish us luck! A simple modification request for every other weekend with specific times, academic testing for home schooling, counseling for parent alienation, and 2 weeks vacation each year for dad has turned very messy. She has involved the kids so now one of them refuses to talk to him because she feels due to mom's manipulation that he isn't allowing them to travel and because of him they can't go to the U.S. Crazy stuff. I urge anyone getting a divorce with children that just because you get along now does not mean you always will so get it all in the beginning instead of giving away the farm because you agree at the moment.

Quote Quoting Lpalo
    View Post
    A simple modification request for every other weekend with specific times, academic testing for home schooling, counseling for parent alienation, and 2 weeks vacation each year for dad has turned very messy.
    Uh, you call that a "simple" modification?

No wonder she left the country with the kids.

Sorry about that, but I only have your side of the story.

I'd like to hear hers.

Actually I would like to hear her side of the story also. All we get though is crazy responses claiming to want to compromise but never actually doing it. Bottom line is she want to travel around the world with her BF, who travels for his job, and feels she has the right to do so and take the kids with her. She did offer to pay for my BF's plane ticket when their traveling exceeds 2 weeks. She doesn't take in to account my BF's business and all the other costs involved in traveling. That was her only compromise.

Anyway, thank you again for your responses, we will just continue to fight what I believe to be a losing battle.

Quote Quoting Lpalo
    View Post
    She did offer to pay for my BF's plane ticket when their traveling exceeds 2 weeks. She doesn't take in to account my BF's business and all the other costs involved in traveling. That was her only compromise.
    Seems like a pretty good compromise to me.

Your BF is always going to incur some expenses to see his kids no matter where they are.

Makes more sense to me to pay the expenses to see the kids rather than pay the lawyer and end up not seeing the kids while he fights this losing battle.

Quote Quoting Lpalo
    View Post
    we will just continue to fight what I believe to be a losing battle.
    What is this "we" business? This is his battle. It really has nothing to do with you, although I'm sure you think it does.

1. Sponsored Links