Default Vulgar Email to My Lawyer from Ex

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Maryland
    I have a current CO for a complete 50/50 with my ex. We've already established that we will need to go back to court to modify the order since we have both moved away from original locations and our child will start school next year and we can't agree on school district/daycare. Since our CO has gone into effect my ex has tried everything to twist things around and benefit him. A lot of the time I just go with the flow because I find it easier. But I wind up getting screamed at and called vulgar names when I call to talk to our child. He says nasty things and uses abusive language about me in front of our child. He sends random text messages at 3:45 am filled with curse words and slanderous things. Recently he has cut off his email and texting so that I have no way of contacting him in writing other than certified snail mail. When he ended his email account he sent me a message saying that he was closing the account and that he was forwarding my personal information to everyone on his contacts list and what they choose to do with that information he can't be held responsible for. Really? Well I just got an email today from my lawyer, I didn't see it until now. On the 10th of this month he sent my lawyer an email, from his email address, pretending to be me! Of course she knew better. The email was filled with disgusting hateful language. Every other word was the f word. He personally and professionally attacked my lawyer. Even going so far as to telling her that she should kill herself and that there's a special place in hell for people like her. This has me worried as this is not normal or sane behavior. Pretending to be someone else? Telling someone to go kill themselves? How will this be viewed in court? The way the email is, is basically the way he ALWAYS communicates with me. Never civil. Always cussing and name calling. I also have audio of him on Memorial Day when he came to pick our child up cussing at me and calling me names in front of her.

Default Re: Vulgar Email to My Lawyer from Ex

Rise above it and let your attorney handle it when the time comes. Just keep records and don't feel that you need to respond to every thing he does. All he wants is to get a rise out of you and make you feel uncomfortable. Ignore him.

Well I certainly wouldn't respond or even acknowledge that I know about it. That is what I have a lawyer for. But I am concerned about what other ways I may not know about that he could be impersonating me.

When you asked your lawyer your questions, what did she say?

She sent the email on the 13th. I don't know what happened however, I didn't see the email until today. When I tried to email her back I got a response that she was in trial. So I haven't gotten any answers. Guess I am just very on edge about this because recently he has gone off quite a bit. He created a scene on Memorial Day when he picked our child up. He left me a nasty threatening voicemail on Sunday when I wouldn't take his call because as soon as I started to answer he was shouting and cussing at me. There's other voicemails of the same nature. Several months ago he called the cops because he wouldn't acknowledge my text, email, phone call or voicemail about out child having an ear infection and having to go to the doctors. It was his day and he never responded. But just showed up at my house unannounced and called the police because she was napping and it took me 5 minutes to wake her up and get her ready. It's just never ending. But impersonating me and telling my lawyer to go kill herself is pretty far over the sanity line in my opinion.

Quote Quoting jlynns78
    View Post
    She sent the email on the 13th. I don't know what happened however, I didn't see the email until today. When I tried to email her back I got a response that she was in trial. So I haven't gotten any answers. Guess I am just very on edge about this because recently he has gone off quite a bit. He created a scene on Memorial Day when he picked our child up. He left me a nasty threatening voicemail on Sunday when I wouldn't take his call because as soon as I started to answer he was shouting and cussing at me. There's other voicemails of the same nature. Several months ago he called the cops because he wouldn't acknowledge my text, email, phone call or voicemail about out child having an ear infection and having to go to the doctors. It was his day and he never responded. But just showed up at my house unannounced and called the police because she was napping and it took me 5 minutes to wake her up and get her ready. It's just never ending. But impersonating me and telling my lawyer to go kill herself is pretty far over the sanity line in my opinion.
    I have to admit that I find it more than a bit disconcerting.

I'm sorry I guess I was just raised differently, but why would someone even tell someone to go kill themself? I mean that is just not something that I would ever say to anyone no matter how much I disliked them. I have to admit that my jaw dropped when I read the actual email he sent to her. When I say personally attack, apparently he was looking her up on Facebook and went so far as to tell her that she should put a double paper bag over her head. He also (as written from me) accused her of purgery and a felony. For what I have no idea. It's like a bad nightmare that never ends.

Quote Quoting jlynns78
    View Post
    I'm sorry I guess I was just raised differently, but why would someone even tell someone to go kill themself? I mean that is just not something that I would ever say to anyone no matter how much I disliked them. I have to admit that my jaw dropped when I read the actual email he sent to her. When I say personally attack, apparently he was looking her up on Facebook and went so far as to tell her that she should put a double paper bag over her head. He also (as written from me) accused her of purgery and a felony. For what I have no idea. It's like a bad nightmare that never ends.
    Again, its disconcerting. Its one thing to lose it and go off on a rant against the opposing attorney. Its another thing entirely to do it pretending to be that attorney's client. Its not rational at all.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    Again, its disconcerting. Its one thing to lose it and go off on a rant against the opposing attorney. Its another thing entirely to do it pretending to be that attorney's client. Its not rational at all.
    I called to the commissioners office and they advised to wait to hear from my lawyer and if I don't get a response soon to come in and file paperwork because he pointed out that if he would do that with my own lawyer, knowing it could be traced, there's no telling who else he would do it to, such as my boss, co workers or anyone else. Thank you for your help!

1. Sponsored Links