Default Distrubutee Wants Inheritance Before Death

I have an acquaintance that's admired a rare and valuable antique I own. A few years ago I told her I would leave it to her in my will. Recently, I received a call from her saying she wants it NOW rather that wait for the unlikely event I will pass before this September (she wants to give it to her daughter as a birthday gift). I was really aghast at her chutzpah. I've never heard of someone so impatient to receive a bequeathment as to demand it before the persons death. Is this normal? Opinions?

Default Re: Distrubutee Wants Inheritance Before Death

Tell your acquaintance that she will get it when you are gone. Then start looking over your shoulder in case she decides to move that timetable up.

If acquaintance complains, advise her that you will no longer be leaving the item to her. After all, she's just an acquaintance so if she wigs out on you...good riddance.

If you know someone she absolutely hates, leave the item to that person. Make a condition of the inheritance that the person take a photo of themselves with the item once every 3 months and send it to your former acquaintance.

Default Re: Distrubutee Wants Inheritance Before Death

Methinks you should unbequeath this southern end of a norhtbound horse. In the grand scheme of tacky behaviors, this pretty much is a hall of fame (or rather shame) candidate.

Free has the ultimate great suggestion! Tell the new recipient to make sure it's an 8x10 color glossy sent registered with return receipt to ensure the delivery has been made.

It's getting sorta late in the day and I was missing a WTF? moment up to this point......many thanx for your post.

1. Sponsored Links