Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005

    Default Age At Which You Can Move Out

    My daughter's boyfrind is 17 years old, he will be 18 in February. Since he is so close to being 18 can he legally move out of his house? It is likely that his parents will call the police, what can they do legally? Will he be considered a runaway? He cannot get his parents to approve emancipation. He is grounded constantly by his parents, which I believe they are doing because they don't want him with my daughter, which I think they are going about it wrong. However, he is very interested in what his legal rights are being close to 18. Will have to wait for his birthday to move out?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005

    Default Moving Out at 17-1/2

    He is still a minor and, unless emancipated, doesn't have the legal right to move out. It is possible that he would be treated as a runaway. However, realistically, enforcement of the living situation of a 17-1/2-year-old would be a very low priority for the police.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Denial of Access: Landlord delayed move-in, and now won't let me schedule move
    By Joe Gahona in forum Landlord-Tenant Law
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-28-2011, 06:56 PM
  2. Can Friend of the Court Make Me Move if I Move Away from the Support Payer
    By allysonmarie123 in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-20-2009, 08:58 PM
  3. Relocation: In Order to Move Out of State With the Kids, Do I Need a Move Away Order
    By patrioticraven in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2009, 08:51 AM
  4. Emancipation: I Want to Move Out of My Dads House and Move in with My Babys Daddy
    By Lovergurl* in forum Juvenile Law
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-11-2009, 01:44 PM
  5. Emancipation: Son Does Not Want To Move
    By Fay in forum Juvenile Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-18-2006, 07:39 AM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources

Forum Sponsor
Legal Forms - Buy easy-to-use legal forms.