Unhappy Illegal U-Turn Ticket, Shortly After Receiving a Red Light Camera Ticket

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California

Hi All,

So I'm a relatively new driver in LA. I got my license last July, but I'm not a minor.
    Last week, I got my first moving violation. Right turn at a red light (traffic camera). Today I got pulled over for an illegal U-turn and was issued another ticket.

I'm not gonna try and fight either because I know I was in the wrong on both accounts. My questions are: for which ticket should I choose to go to traffic school for and try to have one of the points removed? Seeing as how my record was clean before this, but I am a new driver, do you think this will affect my insurance rates drastically? Also, I have incurred a couple parking tickets in the past year; do these affect any of the above? I was under the impression parking tickets don't go on your record, but I just want to know if my insurance company will take these into account now that I have two moving violations.

I feel so rotten. Thanks for any input.

Default Re: Illegal U-Turn Ticket, Shortly After Receiving a Red Light Camera Ticket

If tickets are abstracted to the state, and your insurance company obtains your updated traffic history, you can anticipate that they'll raise your rates consistent with their policies and the details of your record. For details of your insurance company's policies you will need to talk to your insurance agent.

Default Re: Illegal U-Turn Ticket, Shortly After Receiving a Red Light Camera Ticket

What I would do is call the clerk (if same jurisdication) and request that both tickets are held at the same time/date. Heck, you're trying to save you and the courts time right? At your court date, plead stupid, be humble, be nice. The judge will probably dismiss one and send you to school for the other.

You probably don't have a choice.

You likely aren't eligible for traffic school on the second offense regardless of the disposition of the first offense.

1. Sponsored Links