Default Search of a Home After Delivery of a Suspicious Package

My question involves criminal law for the state of: New Jersey
    The other day some weird package came to my house so my brother signs and takes the package in because it said it came from my families homeland. About 10 minutes later the cops kick my door down and start asking for the package. It was still in plain view, we had no knowledge of what was in it. Straight off the bat they kept asking about the package and when we ordered it but no one ever ordered that package. So long story short they go through the house and find something that came from the earth which was mine and i did not want my mom or brother involved with that so i said it was all mine but we really dont know where this package is from. It was weird they told my brother the package contained (white) and they were tracking the package. But the reason i think i was set up is because if a foreign package from another country came with that kind (the package was huge like years worth of time) of stuff wouldnt the DEA be at my house? or the FBI or something other than like 10 regular cops with vests.... They even threatened to call ICE on my family because they were visiting but only questioned them for an hour and let them go. Wouldnt they atleast take advantage of the 48? Is there anything i can do? & anyone responding at all would be help. Thank You.

Default Re: Was I Set Up

You may have been set up but it was not the FBI or the DEA that did it. When the post office or one of the carriers (FEDEX, etc...) detects drugs in an incoming package, it leads to almost exactly what happens here. What does happen is that drug dealers will have packages delivered to houses that they are not affiliated with and try to snag them off the porch or whatever before the addressee gets to them.

What you need to do is SHUT UP and get a lawyer. Nobody is your friend at this point.

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    You may have been set up but it was not the FBI or the DEA that did it. When the post office or one of the carriers (FEDEX, etc...) detects drugs in an incoming package, it leads to almost exactly what happens here. What does happen is that drug dealers will have packages delivered to houses that they are not affiliated with and try to snag them off the porch or whatever before the addressee gets to them.

What you need to do is SHUT UP and get a lawyer. Nobody is your friend at this point.
    but just the same, there are many people that deny all knowledge of a package they received as well hoping that will be adequate to get them out of charges although they are valid.

o long story short they go through the house and find something that came from the earth which was mine and i did not want my mom or brother inv
    something that came from the Earth? Sorry but whether something "came from the Earth" or some lab, if it's illegal, it's illegal.

Is there anything i can do?
    yep. put some tape across your mouth. Anything you say to ANYBODY, including your family, is subject to being used against you. The only safe person to talk with is your lawyer.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post

something that came from the Earth? Sorry but whether something "came from the Earth" or some lab, if it's illegal, it's illegal.

[/COLOR]
    Ok i understand that its illegal i wasnt saying from the earth to try to go around it just didnt know if i could use the word...

Quote Quoting JeffBarr
    View Post
    Ok i understand that its illegal i wasnt saying from the earth to try to go around it just didnt know if i could use the word...
    what word;

marijuana; pot; reefer; MJ (and hopefully it would not be a reference to Michael Jackson); ganja; rope;

just joking with ya. Some people get on the kick that since it's natural, it is God's will that everybody be allowed to smoke it.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    what word;

marijuana; pot; reefer; MJ (and hopefully it would not be a reference to Michael Jackson); ganja; rope;

just joking with ya. Some people get on the kick that since it's natural, it is God's will that everybody be allowed to smoke it.
    Yeaa those words haha. But from anything anyone knows can i do anything or would it be too difficult?

Quote Quoting JeffBarr
    View Post
    Yeaa those words haha. But from anything anyone knows can i do anything or would it be too difficult?
    If you are speaking of the package, that is why you need to hire a good lawyer. Until you know what the cops know and find out in the ensuing investigation, you really don't know what charges are a possibility.

if you are speaking of just the MJ issue; again, a lawyer is going to be your best direction. Nobody here knows the facts of the case.

Default Re: Search of a Home After Delivery of a Suspicious Package

How coincidental it came from your homeland. You need a lawyer. Do not make any statements, you are already likely to be deported regardless of the outcome it seems.

1. Sponsored Links