Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Criminal Trespass, First Degree, at a Construction Site

Quote Quoting quantumn
    View Post
    To what degree is the construction company serious about security, as I said above. There was a man-sized hole in the fence, so what was I to conclude about its presence? Are you trying to tear me down?
    apparently they are very serious, given your situation.

In case you don't realize it, this is what you said about homeless people and the job site:

so I thought homeless people were living there, at least on weekends.
    You thought...

The fence had a hole in it and I thought homeless people were living there so I went in
    again, you thought....

never once did you say you knew or you saw anything. You came to a conclusion based on the hole in the fence. For all you know, every homeless person that might have entered the site through that hole are in the same boat as you.

but even if homeless people were living there, even every night; how does that equate to it is now ok to trespass? Are you one of those people that jumped off a bridge just because you saw somebody else do it, even knowing it was a stupid idea?

Your only real choice in this case is to speak to your attorney. You are being prosecuted for trespassing not sentenced to death because people may not believe your story.

People aren't going to feel sorry for you because of your age and the decision that you made that could stop you from getting a quality job. A hole in a fence isn't the same as a gate with entrance sign placed overhead.

Get a job pumping gas, cleaning cars. Do something other then trying to get people to feel sorry for you.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

Well this is certainly the sort of legal input I came here for...

I can only hope that the angry frustrated people here, get the opportunity to make a minor mistake in their life which will have this effect.

Thank you Mephis, yes I've managed to hire a lawyer, although it's a question how long I can pay him. But I'm certainly not going to come back here and tell these people how it went. As to whether it's a death sentence, when you run out of money and the only quick jobs don't earn enough to pay the rent, you are on the street. I am not going to be on the street, I can tell you that. I will end it first.

I'm out.

What do you expect? Between your ridiculous argument of going in there to learn something, which is total BS, your argument that somehow a hole in the fence should be seen by the authorities as a welcoming mat, and your hystrionics about ending your life either because you are going to jail forever or you'll kill yourself rather than be on the street, what do you expect anybody to say to you?

you got everyrhing answered in your first couple of responses. After that we got the ridiculous stuff ad nauseum. Offering to pay off the company was simply foolish. Better to have saved that for your lawyer. I have no idea what you thought $300 was going to buy you? What was even the purpose?

You got upset when nobody had sympathy for your BS story and now you pout and bring the drama with: but I won't be back to tell anybody anything.
    Well, I, for one say; that's fine by me.

Construction sites are wonderful targets for thieves. That is why they had signs saying "KEEP OUT", a fence to try and physically keep you out and apparently cameras and security systems to alert law enforcement when people refused to stay out.

In my opinion you were lucky to only be charged with trespass as I am assuming law enforcement was not able to link you to having actually cut the hole in the fence as your actions were highly suspect as an individual who could be casing the site for a later return. Then you add in the fact you sent what could be construed as a bribe to the victim to drop the charge.

Color me skeptical but I just don't believe the poor, pitiful, innocent, me story you have posted which is why it been suggested you speak to your attorney, they don't have believe your story either but they will have a better understanding of the courts and will be better able to negotiate for a deferred sentence than you will be able to do on your own.

He would have a better chance telling the court that he was sleep walking...
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2