Question DV Lottery Winner Married After Entering the Lottery, Pregnant Wife

Hi! My husband is a DV-2015 winner and we'll send DS-260 forms together after May 19 (We got married after he entered the lottery,so the spouse has to write the form too), but I'm currently 3 months pregnant. I can't add my unborn child to the form. I will deliver the child in November which may happen after or before the interview. Therefore, I'm worry about that the child can't receive a green card. What can I do?

Default Re: DV Lottery Winner Married After Entering the Lottery, Pregnant Wife

If the baby is born before the interview is scheduled, and you have enough time to do so, you can update your records with the Kentucky Consular Center to reflect the birth of your child. If not, then you should contact the U.S. embassy about what you should do; they may, for example, tell you that you can take the child and proof of identity and parentage (birth certificate and passport) to the interview.

If the baby is born after the interview but before you enter the U.S., you presumably would have raised the issue of the pregnancy at your interview. If the baby is born after the interview but before you travel to the U.S., the baby should be admissible based upon temporary evidence of permanent residency, based upon your presenting proper documentation.

Be aware that you will want to check with the airline about its policies for travel with a baby. Most airlines have policies to the effect that a baby born after the date of issuance of the parents' visas can travel with the baby, but you'll want to verify the policy and also what documentation the airline requires before you show up to board the plane.

1. Sponsored Links