Default Word vs. Word in Maryland

My wife was in an accident a while back and it seems to have come down to word against word. The other party's insurance company has ruled that she was at fault for the accident, even though she was stopped in traffic and he rear-ended her. There was a witness in the car with my wife, but the other party is stating that the witness is biased and therefore could not have any effect on the ruling in the claim.

I am curious is there any way that talking to a lawyer may help change the outcome of the case, so that we do not have to pay for an accident that even our insurance company thinks is a ridiculous fabrication of the other party? I am not very familiar with the law; I don't know if it is possible to sue the other party for the damages or what else we can do. Our insurance company has been trying for over a month to convince the other insurance company that there is no way my wife would be reversing on an exit ramp at high speed in rush hour traffic on I-495 in Marland, but has not been able to change their ruling. My wife was stopped in rush hour traffic (not even on an exit ramp) and he rear-ended her.

If someone can offer any advice on whether or not it would be worthwhile to discuss this matter with an attorney and what steps we could take in court, I would greatly appreciate it.

Default Re: Word vs. Word in Maryland

Ask your insurance carrier if they plan on getting you a lawyer.

Default Re: Word vs. Word in Maryland

Could you be more specific about your problem. What damages do you have and has your insurance company paid them?

1. Sponsored Links