Default Notice of Suspension of Registration Received While Out of the Country

My question involves vehicle registration or title in the state of: Pennsylvania

I changed my auto insurance on 2/19 and cancelled the previous on two days later on 2/21.

In a few days I traveled out of the country for some work. On returning I receive a notice from PennDOT requesting proof of insurance which I send the very next day. But after a day or so (i.e. yesterday 4/10) I receive a notice from them that my registration will be suspended and i need to turn in my plate and stuff.

I am not sure how to proceed now. There was no lapse in my insurance. I will have to appeal this suspension. Do I stand any chance in court? Any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Received Suspnsion of Registration While Out of the Country

Appealing is the proper method if you cannot resolve this in person at a local office or via telephone.

Okay guys! Here's a quick update-

I went down to the local DMV and found out they don't do registration related issues (So I screwed up, make sure you call them up before hand and clear that up).

Then went to the AAA office which takes care of registration related issues, they advised me to send the Proof of cancelation of previous insurance and proof of curent insurance to PennDOT.

I called up PennDOT this morning and informed them about my problem. The lady on the phone was extremely helpful and she let me know that my suspension has already been rescinded (I am guessing because I had already sent them my new insurance ID). I even asked her if I will receive something like a proof of suspension being revoked, she said I should.

So, so far everything is okay. I will wait for that letter though.

Thanks!

Glad that this was taken care of. Another thing that can help you is most insurers (the actual underwriting company not the agent) know how to notify the various state departments of insurance coverage. You can usually call the customer service number and have them transmit the proof.

1. Sponsored Links