Default Can You Emancipate Minor Children to Avoid Paying Child Support

My question involves child support in the State of: Nevada

My older two boys refuse to see me after being manipulated by their father. Our relationship went from that was warm and caring to the children showing excessive hate toward me and my entire family. They have been calling my home to curse at me and attempted to make false allegation towards me that could have caused me to lose custody of my younger children. Their father and I share custody 50/50 with our younger children and the older children are at will to live with the parent of their choice. Their father is now seeking child support from me. I make significantly less then the and his wife; between the two of them they bring home around $9000 a month. I will not be able to provide for our younger children if I pay support to their father. If I emancipate the older two will I still be liable to pay support?

Default Re: Emancipation

As non custodial parent you have no basis to emancipate them. Your election to continue making children does not alleviate financial responsibility to those you conceived first.

What makes you think a court would emancipate them? (ie are they already living on their own, without ANY parental support, paying all their own bills, etc?) The court's concern isn't your child support payment; the court's concern will be whether or not the children are already supporting themselves.

Also, his new wife's income is irrelevant to the support of your children.

Nevada appears to be a state that takes a percent of your income without taking into account the cp's income. So with the number of $4000. per month as stated as OP's income (according to a Nevada child support calculator I found online) the OP's payment would be $1000. per month.

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

Funny how in this thread she wants to get rid of the kids so she doesn't have to support them, but in her other thread, she just wants to get the 50/50 in writing so that she doesn't have to pay support.

This isn't about the kids at all, this is about her wallet. Lady, do you want your kids or not? Why have you not yet mentioned.... therapy

They have been to therapy but because of their age it is irrelevant. I absolutely want my kids but they have bought into what they have been told. I can't do anything about that. I have our two younger children to attend to at this point. The older two are provided for. my ex husband makes 5000+ a month. I will be raising our two younger kids which are still in daycare when they are with me (he has someone watch them at his house for free) on 1200-1400 a month. Day care alone will leave me 900 a month to pay rent, utilities, buy groceries etc. My work hours are odd and that leaves me very few choices for daycare. I don't have the option of changing daycare options. I don't want to emancipate my children. I would like the damaged repaired. Prior to all of this we were a very close and warm family. Their father went to extreme lengths to facilitate all of this. If were not adverse to playing dirty back the outcome may have been different. At this point I am concerned with providing for my younger children. He is continuing to file legal action after legal action. We have been divorced for more then 5 years and he has filed something every three to four months. In our previous state he was told to stop wasting resources after using cps and police services to harass me continually. I moved to NV while he was in another state thinking I didn't have anything to worry about. He immediately moved to the state I had moved into and was able to start fresh thus the current predicament.

1. Sponsored Links