Default Unemployment Denied: Quit Without Good Cause

Pennsylvania Unemployment Compensation

I quit my job at a local retail store called Ollies Bargain Outlet, I worked there for approximately 11 months. During this period they had repeatedly given hour cuts, for a horrible period of 3 months I received anywhere from 5-20 hours a week. Anyways, I was hired initially "part-time" for 20 hours a week, was given a 40 hour a week schedule to begin with, and led to believe that I could attain a full-time job with them. I was told my management time and time again that it was only temporary, and that I would receive more hours. So I finally received more hours around April and they were cut in June because management hired more employees. I got fed-up and just quit a month later, gave no real warning, I made suggestions to it in the past but nothing serious. I quit when I was technically at about 24 hours, do I even have a chance here? I mean its not dire or anything, i'm leaving for the Air Force in January anyway. I appealed and my hearing is in 2 weeks.

panther10758 Guest

Default Re: Unemployment Denied: Quit Without Good Cause

Simply put NO you dont have a snowballs chance in hell to win. Focus on finding work you will not win any UIB appeal! You resigned and that pretty much removes any chance for UIB there are exceptions but you do not meet them. BTW on your hours issue "Welcome to retail" its not much different anywhere in that industry

Default Re: Unemployment Denied: Quit Without Good Cause

Lol Thanks. I figured as much, just making sure it's not something I should pursue.

1. Sponsored Links