Default Ex Filed a Restraining Order with False Information to Get Out of a Lease

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: Oregon

2 days ago my (now) ex had a restraining order filed against me out of the blue.
    A deputy hung out in our apartment while she and her mother grabbed a few of her things and left me with piles of her junk and and a lease we had both signed.
    I was pretty shocked and could not begin to wonder why she would do this... Until I visited the Landlords office the next day. Management told me that when
    someone is a victim of domestic abuse, they get removed from the lease just like that. Thats why she did it.

Upon reading through the Order, i found so much false info of "abuse" that never actually occurred. And she gave incorrect dates on how long we had been living together.

Now after realizing she can justify handling things this way, I have no interest in any contact with her at all.

However, I do not want this junk on any sort of record. If i were actually guilty of any of it, i would gladly accept the consequences.

Is it going to cost me an arm and a leg to contest this? Do i have a chance? The document was signed by a female judge and i have no idea if that's going to give my ex any sort of advantage.

thank you very kindly for any info or direction you can provide

Default Re: Ex Filed a Restraining Order with False Information to Get Out of a Lease

Do you have a court date yet?

Default Re: Ex Filed a Restraining Order with False Information to Get Out of a Lease

No. Have not submitted the paperwork yet. was waiting to see if it was worth fighting

it is absolutely worth fighting, restraining orders show up on background checks and will disqualify you from owning a firearm.

1. Sponsored Links