Default Worker's Comp Claims Agent Denied Payment for Medication

My question involves workers compensation law for the state of: New Jersey. After 10 years, receiving medication precribed by one of my approved docters my workmans comp claims agent refuses payment for some of my meds. I contacted my attorney numerous times and he has not called me back. What recourse do I have? Chronic Pain

Default Re: Claims Agent Denies Payment for Medication

You have an open WC claim that is over 10 years old? Wow.

Did the claims agent tell you why payment was refused? That would be quite important to your question.

Default Re: Worker's Comp Claims Agent Denied Payment for Medication

Quote Quoting Chronic Pain
    View Post
    My question involves workers compensation law for the state of: New Jersey. After 10 years, receiving medication precribed by one of my approved docters my workmans comp claims agent refuses payment for some of my meds. I contacted my attorney numerous times and he has not called me back. What recourse do I have? Chronic Pain
    file a complaint and send a copy to your atty
    http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/oae/

contact the DWC
    http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/wc/...t/offices.html

you can file for penalties with the superior court.

greentree;790985]file a complaint and send a copy to your atty
    http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/oae/
    that site concerns attorney ethics. why do you believe not returning a call within an unmentioned period of time is an ethics issue. For all we know, OP called the attorney's office 27 times today and has not received a return call yet.

contact the DWC
    http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/wc/...t/offices.html

you can file for penalties with the superior court.
    Penalties for what? OP has not said why they have refused to pay for the meds. There could be a valid reason. OP needs to do a little investigating before running around filing complaints.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    that site concerns attorney ethics. why do you believe not returning a call within an unmentioned period of time is an ethics issue. For all we know, OP called the attorney's office 27 times today and has not received a return call yet.

Penalties for what? OP has not said why they have refused to pay for the meds. There could be a valid reason. OP needs to do a little investigating before running around filing complaints.
    I think it's a matter of style.

you have chosen to assume the poster has not thought thru or will not correctly evaluate their future course of action.
    I have chosen to assume that they have acted responsibly and need options.

I do not think this site or format lends itself to much exploration and/or debate on what are the proper preliminary stips needed before taking appropriate action.

we have different approaches as to what information is useful to the problem and that is what is great about a public forum.
    good question.

greentree;790996]I think it's a matter of style.
    well, I can't say too many people think I have style but thanks

(yes, that was a joke)

you have chosen to assume the poster has not thought thru or will not correctly evaluate their future course of action.
    I have chosen to assume that they have acted responsibly and need options.
    and you assume the lawyer has done something unethical without anything that would actually suggest that. OP called multiple times without a response. So, how many times? Over what period of time? What has the receptionist said to the OP? Is the lawyer in the Bahama's? When is the last activity the attorney dealt with this case?

I do not think this site or format lends itself to much exploration and/or debate on what are the proper preliminary stips needed before taking appropriate action.
    and I think you are incorrect. I have been involved in threads that went on for weeks and many many pages. Much can be explored if the OP wishes to do so.

we have different approaches as to what information is useful to the problem and that is what is great about a public forum.
    obviously, yes, we do. While I asked if the OP was given a reason for the refusal to pay for the meds (and I can think of many legitimate reasons), you suggested filing a complaint that, while it would likely give the OP an answer, it may be an answer that could have been given without that effort and time involvement. The problem is the OP has given so little info so far.

basically, given the OP information to file complaints may be appropriate but unknown based on the info given. I would rather attempt to get the OP to provide some additional info so they can be given the appropriate direction given their situation. Your suggestion may result in the attorney discharging the OP as a client. It may be totally inappropriate to file ethics charges against the attorney and they may be quite offended by it and terminate their relationship. That may be damaging to the OP.

Filing a complaint with the state (dept of WC) is not likely to result in adverse action but if may be completely unnecessary. If so, it isn't going to help the OP.

so, to the OP's question of:

What recourse do I have?
    Your response does give one option in each of the issues. Doing nothing would also be an option as would may other actions. Which is appropriate is based on the facts not presented. I was simply trying to get to the point of the OP providing enough info so maybe their question can be answered as to the best or proper recourse available.

so jk, after 2 almost two weeks how much additional information has your approach generated?

yup.
    and if you review many posts on this board that is a typical result.

since many others peruse this board for help with similar issues, I believe we can offer some assistance to them by giving general advice, information and links without too many of the twenty questions.
    using our judgement to give a general response can be helpful to more then the OP.

continue with your contributions and I'll continue with mine.

It's my fault the op made one post and nothing more?

if you want to throw darts with a blindfold on and hope you hit the board, let alone the bullseye, more power to ya. I would rather attempt to answer the question the op needs answered rather than one I guess he needs answered.

Quote Quoting greentree
    View Post
    so jk, after 2 almost two weeks how much additional information has your approach generated?

yup.
    and if you review many posts on this board that is a typical result.

since many others peruse this board for help with similar issues, I believe we can offer some assistance to them by giving general advice, information and links without too many of the twenty questions.
    using our judgement to give a general response can be helpful to more then the OP.

continue with your contributions and I'll continue with mine.

Did you really just resurrect this thread to say "nya nya nya"?

Seriously?

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    Did you really just resurrect this thread to say "nya nya nya"?

Seriously?
    yes, he did and if you look, I did the same elsewhere.

get out the wet noodle doggie. I've been a bad boy.

but he pissed me off.

1. Sponsored Links