Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Violation of a "Local Access Only" Restriction

"That Guy"

Thanks for the in depth break down on this situation. I needed to hear a lot of it. Specifically pointing out that there were two sets of biases at play and one of them doesn't have a badge.

I just got the court letter in the mail and I guess I'm looking at traffic school if trial by written declaration doesn't convince anyone as it sounds like it more than likely will not. And traffic school if it's is even granted as I've read you need to request this from the judge and it's not always granted though I do qualify as I've had no violations in the past 18 months. At the very least I think I do have a case for traffic school as I don't believe this falls into the gross negligence. It's not like I was driving 50 in a 35 or plowing past barricades though I'm sure that horrible case looms large in here.

I can't have points on my license per my job so I'm not just trying to keep my insurance rates down though that is also a big motivator as well.

Thanks again,

~Cheers!

Quote Quoting Jim Fath
    View Post
    Thanks for the in depth break down on this situation. I needed to hear a lot of it. Specifically pointing out that there were two sets of biases at play and one of them doesn't have a badge.
    Don't roll your eyes too far back....

Funny how you mention "biases".... Actually, lets evaluate biases here... Yours first:

Quote Quoting Jim Fath
    View Post
    I can't have points on my license per my job so I'm not just trying to keep my insurance rates down though that is also a big motivator as well.
    /

In addition, you have $238 + the possible cost of traffic school (approximately) $60 ~ = ~ $300... And let's not forget your bruised ego!

Unless you can establish something I am not aware of, I have NOTHING at stake here... What do you think motivates me here? How do I benefit or lose in contrast to what happens in your case? And where do you get that I am biased towards anything but the reality of the situation that you yourself established by your own descriptions?

Quote Quoting Jim Fath
    View Post
    At the very least I think I do have a case for traffic school as I don't believe this falls into the gross negligence. It's not like I was driving 50 in a 35 or plowing past barricades though I'm sure that horrible case looms large in here.
    "Gross negligence", at least the legal terminology, has nothing to do with you completely ignoring clearly posted regulatory traffic signs... If it did, you would be looking at something that is even more serious than a misdemeanor for reckless driving, an your eligibility for traffic school is purely predicated on whether you have attended traffic school for a violation that you received within the 18 months prior to the date of this citation AND whether you request it when it is offered as an option or wither you wait until such a time that it becomes a discretionary matter for the judge to approve or decline your request (which typically happens after a trial and/or after a TBD)...

Whoops...

No I meant the biases of me and the responding officer. You clearly showed all perspectives and I meant to complement you on that angle as it was what I needed to hear to look at this situation as clearly as possible. You where, in fact, not biased at all. The eye rolling was meant at my own hubris in the OP that got in my way. No tone on the internet so it came off unclear. Sorry...

O didn't mean to ruffle feathers. I was/am genuinely thankful for your well thought out responses. It's helped me strategize immensely.

Quote Quoting Jim Fath
    View Post
    Whoops...

No I meant the biases of me and the responding officer. You clearly showed all perspectives and I meant to complement you on that angle as it was what I needed to hear to look at this situation as clearly as possible. You where, in fact, not biased at all. The eye rolling was meant at my own hubris in the OP that got in my way. No tone on the internet so it came off unclear. Sorry...
    Well, then it is I who has to apologize, not you. I should have read "more of" your reply instead of reading "into it"... Typically, the circumstances under which you were cited, an argument with the officer, a long detailed reply from me and the response that is surely always posted includes some sort of claim of bias on my behalf and a reference to the possibility that I maybe a retired cop or similar.

But again, I should have read your reply rather than glance at it; I only read the "without a badge" comment and the :eye rolling:, and I had you tagged for someone who prefers to live in fantasy land. Sorry about that!

I stand corrected!

Quote Quoting Jim Fath
    View Post
    O didn't mean to ruffle feathers. I was/am genuinely thankful for your well thought out responses. It's helped me strategize immensely.
    No feathers to ruffle... So no worries about ruffling any feathers. I appreciate the follow up and apologize not only for my misunderstanding, but for this late response as well.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2