Default Unusual Summer Visitation Schedule

Note: this is in a ruling that modified Joint custody to Sole custody with visitation. I am going to type this verbatim less the names. Also the children are 12 and 15 and the parents live 2 hours apart.

Summer Vacation. The regular weekend visitation will be suspended during the summer school holiday (June, July and first two weeks of August). The Court is going to provide for a schedule similar to what is in the original parties agreed settlement order (Section # on page #) That is, the court is directing the Non-custodial Parent will have two weeks in June and two weeks in July and one week in August to spend time with the children. The Court directs that by May 15 of each year the NCP should notify the CP which 5 weeks NCP wants to exercise NCP's visitation in the summer. The Court will allow two consecutive weeks in June and July. However, before the NCP makes a selection of visitation weeks during the summer, the Court will direct that NCP is to consult with the children and their schedule of the activities they wish to participate in. If NCP chooses to exercise visitation during the week in which they have specific activities they wish to participate in in the CP's home town, it will be the NCP's obligation to be certain they get to their planned activities. The Court expects the CP to be involved in assisting the children in planning their summer activities, CP is specifically directly not to interfere with the arrangements the NCP wishes to make. The Court feels it is important that both parents communicate with each other and work together to insure that the children are able to maximize their participation in activities that they wish to participate in.

My take is that the CP is given full latitude to "assist" the children in scheduling the children's activities. Not to mention there is no description of activities. This could be camps, swimming at the lake, helping the CP build a bird house, go to the movies, etc.
    While it sounds nice that everyone should just communicate and work together, there is no hard line between NCP's obligation to make sure kids do what CP helps them schedule nor, where is CP interfering or Not interfering with NCP's activities. Not to mention, No summer trips can be scheduled or planned for prior to May 15th? anyone try to book a trip in less than 60 days during the peak travel times? Just want some opinions and or if this sounds normal to you?

Default Re: Take a Look at This Summer Visitation Awarded by the Judge, is This Common

Your post hx suggests that you'd be better off speaking with your attorney.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Default Re: Take a Look at This Summer Visitation Awarded by the Judge, is This Common

hx?

and we are speaking with an attorney. No offense to anyone but I do like multiple opinions. That's just why I ask.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    Your post hx suggests that you'd be better off speaking with your attorney.
    I'm sorry, what is hx?

I think two grown ups could make it work and two jerks could make it a nightmare.

Quote Quoting Disagreeable
    View Post
    I think two grown ups could make it work and two jerks could make it a nightmare.
    I agree with that statement. Now, what about 1 grown up and 1 jerk? Is that the same as anything times a negative is always a negative? Or ad an even to an odd and you always get an odd?

Quote Quoting Tryin2
    View Post
    hx?

and we are speaking with an attorney. No offense to anyone but I do like multiple opinions. That's just why I ask.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry, what is hx?
    Hx = history.

The problem is that your attorney knows the ins and outs.

We do not.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    Hx = history.

The problem is that your attorney knows the ins and outs.

We do not.
    Ok, understood. I thought in and of itself that was an odd order especially given the fact the the two parties were just fighting in court. However, I stand corrected. Oh to be able to turn off the biases in one's own mind if even for just a moment.

1. Sponsored Links