Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How to Register a Business Partnership

My question involves business law in the state of: California

hello I am currently enrolled in a community college. i brought quite a lot of money from home to pay for my studies in the usa. while in the usa i met a person that told me if i wanted to be business partners by investing 25,000 and she told me we would go half and half on the profits and that i would have 49% of the shares and she would have 51%. however all the business licences and everything that has to do with the business is under her name. the only thing she did for me is put me as a signer in the business account. my questions would be 2:

how should i register in this business and with whom and/or where? (Glass business)

Can i register that i own 49% of the business even though i am an international student on F1 visa? i dont have a social security number yet. i'll get one after my first year in college

By the way we've already got our first check from the first job. the thing is that i am starting to feel kind of edgy because she took 65% of the money that we've got from the first check and i dont want to be victim of a scam.

I live in southern california by the way.

Thank you

thank you

Default Re: How to Register Myself As a Partnership

You have been scammed.

please tell me how should i register or where should i register myself

There is nothing for you to register. If the current company is a partnership and you are a partner, you already must be registered as a partner. If you are not listed as a partner or some other business entity if the business structure is something other than a partnership, it would appear you are nothing more than an investor.

Quote Quoting funes
    View Post
    please tell me how should i register or where should i register myself
    Why on earth would you want to continue a connection to someone who is scamming you?

because she basically has my money and need to either get all my money back or find a way to protect myself against scams.

Quote Quoting eerelations
    View Post
    Why on earth would you want to continue a connection to someone who is scamming you?
    Obviously he is willing to turn the other cheek; then having two more to spare that seem to be encasing his head.

Quote Quoting funes
    View Post
    because she basically has my money and need to either get all my money back or find a way to protect myself against scams.
    Entering into a formal business relationship with her will absolutely not get your money back. It won't protect you from further scams either - all it will do is make you more susceptible to scams.

I will keep this updated. we will talk both, this lady and me this week and of course i will ask her what makes her think she can just grab 65% the money from our account without even telling me a single word about it.

i told her we needed to capitlize the business first so we can lease a place in order to legitimize the business. as for now we are only doing wholesale to dealerships.

I really wonder what her answer is going to be.

She is not going to give you the money back, and she is going to take the remaining 35%. It doesn't really matter what she says to you, this is what she is going to do. You are living in a dreamworld if you think otherwise.

Your best option would be to tell the police your story and see if they can do anything for you.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast