Hybrid View

Default Creditor Obtained a Default Judgment Even Though I Made Payments on Time

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: Florida

Ok the situation is I got an amazon store card and then lost my job and have not had one for a couple years and I finally got one, I found out portfolio recovery was suing me I contacted them and set up a payment plan for 300 a month(the total charge is 1349.00) well I found out they got a default judgement against me yesterday. I have made a payment havent been late since the agree ment pay on the tenth of every month. does this default judgement mean they will automatically start garnishing my wages? I do not understand what it means as I thought since we can to a payment agreement they would cancel the court thing.

I am paying them and have no issues paying them as it is my debt, but I am worried they will garnish my wages even though we have an agreement.

So my question si can they start garnishing wages the same day they win the default judgement?

Default Re: Creditor Obtained a Default Judgment Even Though I Made Payments on Time

What does your written payment agreement with portfolio recovery say about the pending litigation? What did they say when you called them and asked why they obtained a default judgment despite your repayment agreement?

1. Sponsored Links