Default How to Prepare B6 Forms for a Joint Bankruptcy

My question involves bankruptcy in the state of: Ohio

Hi, If we file a joint petition for Ch 7 do we need to file the B6 forms (schedules) per individual or separate? The forms only show debtor while the other forms (B1, B3, etc) clearly show debtor(s) or specifically have space for debtor and joint debtor. All of the B6 forms only have one space and say "debtor". So, it appears that the B6 forms need to be filed separately (once of the debtor 1 and again for debtor 2). However, doing this would seem to cause more confusion as many of the assets and liabilities and everything financially are co-owned.

Anyone have any experience with this? Very much appreciated your time to respond

- - - Updated - - -

I found the answer. I should have looked more carefully before posting...I apologize.

However, I will answer my questions in case anyone has the same issue

The schedules are designed for married couples filing together.

Default Re: How to Prepare B6 Forms for a Joint Bankruptcy

Yes, the summary of schedules and declaration concerning debtor's schedules are designed for both individual and joint filing. As you can see from the declaration form, there is a space for the debtor to sign, a space for the joint debtor to sign, and the instruction, "If joint case, both spouses must sign".

I rarely suggest that someone - anyone, really - try to do a bankruptcy on their own. If they must, there's a NOLO book dealing with a Ch. 7.

But quite honestly I can't recommend doing it yourself unless you're doing a simple no-asset filing and you're willing to really dig down and get your information together before you even start.

I concur, but I don't see the need to buy a book given the number of extensive, free guides available from bankruptcy courts and trustees.

1. Sponsored Links