Default Making an Illegal Left Turn, VC 22101(D)

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Los Angeles, California

I was cited this morning for making a left turn onto an alley (left hand side) to pump gas on a 3 lane street. No signs were posted except for the one on the actual Intersection. No sign's are visible in the alley ways. Would my chances of contesting ticket be valid? Here is a definition for the violation at www.dmv.ca.gov ( http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc22101.htm) Im also enclosing screen shot of street:

http://goo.gl/maps/ntsJ7

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Default Re: California Vehicle Code, Section 22101(D), No Turn

Quote Quoting bonillas63
    View Post
    I was cited this morning for making a left turn onto an alley (left hand side) to pump gas on a 3 lane street.
    Actually, that is a 5 lane street. But that is not the issue.

Quote Quoting bonillas63
    View Post
    No signs were posted except for the one on the actual Intersection.
    Actually, a "Changeable message sign" shown here is posted, question is, which sign was illuminated at the time you approached and turned from the direction shown? It could show the symbol currently shown in the close up I linked, or it could show a sign with a no left turn symbol as shown below.

I'm betting it showed the "no left turn" sign shown above. And if so, your chances of contesting it would be whatever you make them, but your chances of winning on merit would be zilch!

1. Sponsored Links