Default What can I do to help?

My b/f was arrested for a probation violation. He was driving with out insurance or a license. He then left town, and did not finishing paying off his fines. This was 2 years ago. He has not in the past 2 years engaged in any criminal activity. I am now pregnant and his mom has cancer and we do not want him to go to jail. Is there anything we can do? Can I vouche for him (I have NO record) that he will pay his fines, what can be done? I can not afford an attorney. THank you for your help.

Stacy,
    This is in AL

panther10758 Guest

Default Re: What can I do to help?

Your non criminal record has no bearing on his probation violation. You did not say he has been on run for two years now?

I know my history doesnt have any affect on it. I was just hoping it might show well on him. Yes, he has been.

panther10758 Guest

Quote Quoting anushri
    View Post
    I know my history doesnt have any affect on it. I was just hoping it might show well on him. Yes, he has been.
    Hes been on the run for two years and you have known it? Do you realize you have committed a crime?

Probably not. Dating somebody usually doesn't rise to the level of actively helping them hide from legal authorities.

panther10758 Guest

I am making the assumption (maybe incorrect) that this person was staying with her. He was spending time with her how else did she get preggers! If he was hiding from warrant he would not want any records of he activities like a rental agreement etc> Again I assumed he was staying with her for at least sometime and maybe I am wrong but wouldnt this be harboring a fugitive?

In my experience, most people who skip bond or violate their probation don't hide - they just go about their normal lives, until the police get inspired to stop by their house or pick them up during a traffic stop. This is Alabama, so here's the definition of what constitutes hindering apprehension:
    Quote Quoting Alamaba Code Section 13A-10-42 - Hindering prosecution or apprehension - Definition of "criminal assistance."
    For the purposes of Sections 13A-10-43 through 13A-10- 45, a person renders "criminal assistance" to another if he:
    (1) Harbors or conceals such person;

(2) Warns such person of impending discovery or apprehension; except that this subdivision does not apply to a warning given in connection with an effort to bring another into compliance with the law;

(3) Provides such person with money, transportation, weapon, disguise or other means of avoiding discovery or apprehension;

(4) Prevents or obstructs, by means of force, deception or intimidation, anyone except a trespasser from performing an act that might aid in the discovery or apprehension of such person; or

(5) Suppresses, by an act of concealment, alteration or destruction, any physical evidence that might aid in the discovery or apprehension of such person.
    In most circumstances, mere cohabitation will not suffice to meet such a definition.

panther10758 Guest

Ok thanks for clearing that up for me

1. Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources