Question Will My Parent's Insurance Cover an Accident Caused in Violation of Learner's Permit

My question involves an accident that occurred in the state of: CA
    I have leaner permit licence ,Involved in accident,That is my fathers car,I am Major.There is no police report filed after incident.
    Will his Insurance will cover opponent car damages or not.what kind of offense it is to drive a car with out valid driver besides.

Default Re: Will My Parent's Insurance Cover an Accident Caused in Violation of Learner's Per

Your parents can review the terms of their policy, or inquire about coverage with their insurance agent. The terms of the policy and the full facts of the situation could affect the answer.

Penalties are described in VC 12814.6.
    Quote Quoting Penal Code, Sec. 12814.6(e), Provisional License for Minors Distinctive Driver's License
    (e)

(1) Upon a finding that any licensee has violated paragraph (1) of subdivision (b), the court shall impose one of the following:

(A) Not less than eight hours nor more than 16 hours of community service for a first offense and not less than 16 hours nor more than 24 hours of community service for a second or subsequent offense.

(B) A fine of not more than thirty-five dollars ($35) for a first offense and a fine of not more than fifty dollars ($50) for a second or subsequent offense.

(2) If the court orders community service, the court shall retain jurisdiction until the hours of community service have been completed.

(3) If the hours of community service have not been completed within 90 days, the court shall impose a fine of not more than thirty-five dollars ($35) for a first offense and not more than fifty dollars ($50) for a second or subsequent offense.

Default Re: Will My Parent's Insurance Cover an Accident Caused in Violation of Learner's Per

In most cases, they will cover it. Some insurers say they don't even care to be informed, others do. Usually, teen learners don't have any bearing on parents rates but boy BE SURE IT WILL once you are licensed.

1. Sponsored Links