Default Charged With Robbery Despite Having an Alibi

My question involves civil rights in the State of: Florida
    I will try to make this short. There was a robbery at a business I stayed at 5 months prior. I was in contact with probation officer and notified where I was was because she was filing a warrant for violation of no contact order & was arrested. 5 months later there is robbery there. the officer finds out there had been a prior arrest and pulls my picture. did 4 person line up. I am the only one with jail clothes, only one with short hair, only thin face, only pale skin & bright blue/green eyes. the description of robber, I have a copy of CAD Operations report which give, BOLO 5'6" 150lbs, 30's, pony tail. (also person robbed states "tan-mexican." ME 5'2, 124lbs, very short hair, pale skin, 54 yrs. The only person saw robbery was person robbed but he did not pick out my picture.
    A woman that uses their pool said she saw me "acting strange" 2 hours prior to robbery & picks me because of "eyes" but she was not there during robbery. She is the ONLY evidence they have submitted for arrest warrant other than the fact i was arrested for no contact violation 5 months prior. There was no DNA no fingerprints, nothing but I supposedly hung out for over 2 hours before "jumping counter." I heard there were billborads with picture and warrant for arrest & made appointment to meet officer. I took witness I was in my own town,15-20 minutes away, with him & showed savings account receipt, $3000, I had NO reason to rob. Nevertheless, I was arrested? Of course it was later we found out about the only "evidence was for over 2 hours prior to news reports on time of robbery. We had 2 lottery tickets time/date stamped for 1 was few min before & 1 was few minutes after (store about 1/4 mile apart 15-20minutes) woman said she saw me. I also was at Walgreens in my town during this time and ask them to get security video but they refused. When I met & paid an attorney I gave same info. He also didn't get security tape & as of a few day ago when attorney finally wanted to get tape (6 months later) they no longer have tape. We also have neighbor, whom I don't get along with" that saw me outside smoking at approx time robbery. I dont see were they had probable cause for warrant. Why still going to trial 2/2014 & costing me money I have to borrow when I do NOT LOOK close to robber?

Default Re: Probable Cause Arrest Warrant

Quote Quoting jcamp254
    View Post
    Why still going to trial 2/2014 & costing me money I have to borrow when I do NOT LOOK close to robber?
    If that's your only question the answer is obviously that the authorities think they have a case that then can win.

That's how the system works.

If they turn out to be wrong, you get acquitted.

from my info given do you think had probable cause since I look nothing close to robber description? also, don't understand how they win if I don't & woman not being present during or close time of robbery. I know system often doesn't work here; therefore, terrified.

Quote Quoting jcamp254
    View Post
    from my info given do you think had probable cause since I look nothing close to robber description? also, don't understand how they win if I don't & woman not being present during or close time of robbery. I know system often doesn't work here; therefore, terrified.
    I think there was probable cause for the arrest. The identification issue is what a trial is for.

Innocent people get arrested all the time. They raise their defenses at trial and poke holes in the prosecutor's case and can be acquitted.

You might want to have more conversations with your lawyer about all this.

1. Sponsored Links