Default Can My Mom Call the Cops if I Yell at Her

My question involves juvenile law in the State of: IL
    ok I'm going to explain as well as I can
    I am 16 (17 in about 8 days)
    And female , even though that has nothing to do with it I hope
    I believe all animals are of the same importance
    And I love my fish as much as dog lovers love dogs
    Now that you know that here's what happend

About a week or two ago my fish got anchor worm from introducing a new fish, I asked my mom while she was out to get medication for them, she got the wrong one told her thanks but can you get the right one next time your out
    Later that week she came home from shopping and told me to wash the dishes, I was tired from work and said I would do it tomarrow (before I continue I am bipolar and I had just switched to a new medicine that I take at night but I forgot it sometimes because I take the other pills in the morning,but that has nothing to do with it because what she is about to do I just one of thoughts things that just piss me off severely pill or no pill) she said "if you don't do it I won't give you the medication your fish need (I guess she bought it while she was out) I took it as if you don't do it I will let your fish die, she can threaten anything (laptop phone games) but as soon as you threatin my pets I go into a rage,screaming and causing about how it's not a debating about cleaning the dishes and that this is about there lives and I don't bargain over there lives, that when're on entail she threatened to flush the medication down the toilet so I did the dishes and got my medication
    About a week later I tell her I need her to get more Medicean over the weekend,she says "you need to clean your room first" I told her again I do not bag aim for there lives and walked away

Week end comes and my mom is cleaning while I'm looking up thiings on my phone, she tells me to clean my room and I say I will in a bit because I wanted to finish reading an arrival so she says "if you don't do it now I won't get your fish any more medicin", ok so she knows what happened last time she said that and how pissed I got so I got even more pissed because she doesn't under stand that the fish are just as important to me as the dog isto her, I admit I came on way to stronge and said "lisen b*tch this is not up for debate, get the f*cking medicen for my f*cking fish, I will not give you something in return for there health when I would not have to clean my room if the dog was covered in tics, you would run right out Ana's get tic shampoo, now go get th godd*mned medacine" I know it wasent the best thing to say but she knows that is one of the things that piss me off so she said "your letting the bipolar get tje best of you have you taken your pills today...saying that is the seconed thing that really makes me mad and she lnows that as well basicly I fight whit her for an hour causing and saying the same thing over and over "they are just as important as the sog or the cat and I have every right to be mad and it does not mean its the bipolar" keep inundated I was yelling all of this and causing every other word she kept saying clean your room and they won't die and that I'm letting them die,and if I don't stop threatening her she will call the cops, first off I never threatens her, but she threatens me, eventuate I tell her if she takes it back and threatens to take somthing else away I would clean my room as singe as I get fish medication, she refused that and started counting my pills and clames I have taken to many,after I do the math I tell her no I forgot to take them mines days, and she says that why I'm acting like this,I would get just as mad pilzls or not because these are lives we are talking about again she threatens to call the copse "because I was threating her" but I never threatens to hurt her and I didn't damege anything, even holy she said to go to my room OR ELSE (isn't that threataning me?) so I gave up and decided to ask this forame if she could get me in any legal trouble if she where to call the cops and take me to Cort or something, I know I was raging but if you know something will make people mad like that you don't do it! If she would of just said she would take my laptop or something I would have cleaned my room...

Default Re: Can My Mom Call the Cops if I Yell at Her

I don't even know where to start.

It is not your mother's responsibility to get the medication for your fish. Your pets; your responsibility. If it's that important, why aren't you getting it?

When your mother tells you to clean your room, or do the dishes, or anything else, you stop what you are doing and you do it.

If my daughter had ever spoken to me the way you spoke to yours, she wouldn't have any fish; she wouldn't have any laptop; she wouldn't have any anything. She'd go to school; she'd come home; she'd do her homework in the living room where her internet access could be monitored and she'd go to bed. And that state of affairs would continue until she learned who was and was not in charge in that house.

Yes, you did threaten her and yes, she can call the police. Whether the police will take any action or not is unknown, but don't fool yourself into thinking that she can't make a report or that you can't get yourself into legal trouble with that kind of tantrum.

IL calls it domestic violence. Yes you can be arrested.

I agree with CBG. If I spoke to my family like that, I would have no privileges whatsoever. No fish, no cell phone, no laptop....

Your mom can call the police and have the incident documented at the very least.

How about you buy your own damn medicine for your fish. Why do you expect your mother to kowtow to you when you won't do what she asks of you? It's a shame that she felt she needed to threaten to withhold the medicine just to get you to be a responsible child and do your chores.

It's time to grow up a bit....no, a lot.

and take your meds, every time they are due. If you do not follow your schedule accurately, you will not get your bipolar under control. I have dealt with a bipolar person and a very regular medicine regime is critical.

If I talked to my parents like that when i was a child, I would not have lived to see 18.

Child, I would have snatched you bald-headed. Who, precisely, do you think you are to talk to your Mama like that?

She's in charge, you are not. That means when she says frog, you best get to jumping until she tells you otherwise. See that you keep that in mind before she has you hauled off to juvi for being an incorrigible child. Juvi is NOT where you want to be.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

Quote Quoting InsolentDevil
    View Post
    My question involves juvenile law in the State of: IL
    ok I'm going to explain as well as I can
    I am 16 (17 in about 8 days)
    And female , even though that has nothing to do with it I hope
    I believe all animals are of the same importance
    And I love my fish as much as dog lovers love dogs
    Now that you know that here's what happend

About a week or two ago my fish got anchor worm from introducing a new fish, I asked my mom while she was out to get medication for them, she got the wrong one told her thanks but can you get the right one next time your out
    Later that week she came home from shopping and told me to wash the dishes, I was tired from work and said I would do it tomarrow (before I continue I am bipolar and I had just switched to a new medicine that I take at night but I forgot it sometimes because I take the other pills in the morning,but that has nothing to do with it because what she is about to do I just one of thoughts things that just piss me off severely pill or no pill) she said "if you don't do it I won't give you the medication your fish need (I guess she bought it while she was out) I took it as if you don't do it I will let your fish die, she can threaten anything (laptop phone games) but as soon as you threatin my pets I go into a rage,screaming and causing about how it's not a debating about cleaning the dishes and that this is about there lives and I don't bargain over there lives, that when're on entail she threatened to flush the medication down the toilet so I did the dishes and got my medication
    I recommend in-patient treatment for your anger problem.

About a week later I tell her I need her to get more Medicean over the weekend,she says "you need to clean your room first" I told her again I do not bag aim for there lives and walked away

Week end comes and my mom is cleaning while I'm looking up thiings on my phone, she tells me to clean my room and I say I will in a bit because I wanted to finish reading an arrival so she says "if you don't do it now I won't get your fish any more medicin", ok so she knows what happened last time she said that and how pissed I got so I got even more pissed because she doesn't under stand that the fish are just as important to me as the dog isto her, I admit I came on way to stronge and said "lisen b*tch this is not up for debate, get the f*cking medicen for my f*cking fish, I will not give you something in return for there health when I would not have to clean my room if the dog was covered in tics, you would run right out Ana's get tic shampoo, now go get th godd*mned medacine" I know it wasent the best thing to say but she knows that is one of the things that piss me off so she said "your letting the bipolar get tje best of you have you taken your pills today...saying that is the seconed thing that really makes me mad and she lnows that as well basicly I fight whit her for an hour causing and saying the same thing over and over "they are just as important as the sog or the cat and I have every right to be mad and it does not mean its the bipolar" keep inundated I was yelling all of this and causing every other word she kept saying clean your room and they won't die and that I'm letting them die,and if I don't stop threatening her she will call the cops, first off I never threatens her, but she threatens me, eventuate I tell her if she takes it back and threatens to take somthing else away I would clean my room as singe as I get fish medication, she refused that and started counting my pills and clames I have taken to many,after I do the math I tell her no I forgot to take them mines days, and she says that why I'm acting like this,I would get just as mad pilzls or not because these are lives we are talking about again she threatens to call the copse "because I was threating her" but I never threatens to hurt her and I didn't damege anything, even holy she said to go to my room OR ELSE (isn't that threataning me?) so I gave up and decided to ask this forame if she could get me in any legal trouble if she where to call the cops and take me to Cort or something, I know I was raging but if you know something will make people mad like that you don't do it! If she would of just said she would take my laptop or something I would have cleaned my room...

I'm going to be very blunt here.

Assuming you're real, you're a spoiled, idiotic, pathetic, disrespectful, obnoxious, rude, selfish, repugnant, intolerable, loathsome excuse for a teenager.

And those are your good points.

1. Sponsored Links