Default Does Alabama Offer Hardship Licenses for Drunk Driving Cases

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: Alabama.

I will try to lay this out in the simplist way possible.

I got pulled over in 2009 and charged with DUI, but the DUI was dismissed.

I got a DUI in May 2011. Before going to court on that DUI, I went through a drivers license checkpoint in August and was the proud recipient of another DUI. I plead guilty to both. Both were plead out as 1st times offenese. One in one county and the other in another county. I served my time in jail and did absolutely everything I was told. That part is over.

Drivers License: I was given a suspension of 3 years and 6 months. Which will run through November 2014. At the time there was no hardship license to drive to work. So far I have been just keeping my fingers crossed and I still have my insurance and Im' just flying under the radar.

Has anything changed? Is there a hardship license in Alabama now? I know the law changed in late 2011. Should I contact a lawyer to try a go at this again, or just wait out the time remaining. Keeping my fingers crossed. I don't really trust any lawyer that I've delt with through this whole deal. So I'm reluctant to call anyone. But I really, really need this license back.

Default Re: Does Alabama Offer Hardship Licenses for Drunk Driving Cases

According to an AL lawyer's website there is still no hardship license in AL.

http://www.duiattorneyhome.com/dui-b...se-suspension/

Too bad.

You'll just have to sweat it out until November.

I know this is posted on serveral attorneys websites. But I've seen conflicting information. So I was hoping to see if anyone had had any personal experience. That webpage date says is was published in February 2012, almost two years ago.

Also, I read on another website they they have the machine now you can install in your car and I thought one of the reasons for that was to give offenders the capability to get their license back to be able to maintain a job.

Perhaps you will believe the Alabama Division of Motor Vehicles. Here it is, straight from the source:

http://www.dmv.com/al/alabama/suspended-license

Alabama does not issue a hardship or work/school license if your license has been suspended or revoked.

I've seen that too. I'm not trying to be a smart a##. I've just delt with the courts and lawyers and judges enough to know don't beleive everything you read or hear.

Quote Quoting Blazin65
    View Post
    I've seen that too. I'm not trying to be a smart a##. I've just delt with the courts and lawyers and judges enough to know don't beleive everything you read or hear.
    And yet you're basing your doubt of the accuracy of identical information that was provided by two independent people which they obtained from two independent sources on the fact that you've seen conflicting information. What is it that you've seen and how reliable and believable is your source? What is your source?

There is no source more reliable than the entity that has the power to issue said license.

1. Sponsored Links