Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Speeding, 10 MPH Over the Limit

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Washington

Got a ticket from WSP (who first told me I was being video and audio recorded) saying he got me on LIDAR going 73 in a 60 on I-5 in Snoho County. Never saw him; must have been on an overpass. Well I was driving with the flow of traffic and told him so, although I was one of the ones in front.

He gave me the ticket (46.61.400) and took off 3mph. I thanked him but still resent it.

Reading the threads here, it is not clear how to approach this if I want to get a deferred adjudication? No contest? Contest, request a trial, subpoena the evidence (then get pulled aside by the prosecutor for a deal)?

I don't want a big hassle, but I don't want this unfair ticket on my record either. And I know this whole process is very well-established and rote. I don't remember whether I've gotten a deferred before; if so it was more than 3 years ago.

Default Re: 10 Over - Wsp

I'm not sure what is unfair. Apparently you don't dispute speeding. Here is a link to Barry's discovery request. Post the info you receive.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8Os...QjA/edit?pli=1

Unfair is when the whole crowd is speeding, but only one is singled out, 2 miles down the way.

Unfair is totally irrelevant when it comes to legal violations. The fact that someone else did not get caught for the same violation does not make it wrong to ticket you.

That's right, the law has nothing to do with fair and unfair. Fair and unfair are part of the Social Contract which has been torn to shreds, with the fealty of groveling people like you, cbg.

Quote Quoting quantumn
    View Post
    Reading the threads here, it is not clear how to approach this if I want to get a deferred adjudication? No contest? Contest, request a trial, subpoena the evidence (then get pulled aside by the prosecutor for a deal)?
    Be sure to read Barry’s Procedural Guide. You will need to request a contested hearing and go to court. The judge will tell you if a deferred finding is available. It’s also possible that a prosecutor could offer to amend to a non-moving violation. Meanwhile file for discovery as mentioned above and post it here. There’s always a chance someone can suggest a possible defense.

Well done searcher, will do.

Not sure why that isn't pinned at the top of this forum; would answer many questions.

Oh, whine whine whine. Just because someone else didn't get caught violating the law doesn't make it okay for you to do so. No one ever told you life was fair, and if they did, they lied.

Quote Quoting quantumn
    View Post
    Unfair is when the whole crowd is speeding, but only one is singled out, 2 miles down the way.
    Just remember, the officer can only stop and cite one car at a time. (At least that's what the judge is going to tell you.)

You need to find a more viable defense.

That's not the defense. Most here are confusing my remark about fairness, with dealing with the ticket. Give your head a shake.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast