Default How to Find Out if a Complaint Was Filed

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Kentucky

Revolves around procedure. I have an "action" pending I believe. I have filed suit against an Auto Dealer in another state, the result of a gross misrepresention of a vehicle I purchased from them two years ago next month. I have an attorney whom is very defensive about me trying to find out more info about this action. I have a copy of a rough draft of a court document that was "filed" but I don't have any court case numbers, docket numbers or anything. I've checked with the Federal Court system and my atty is not qualified to file motions in Federal court nor are any documents filed with my name on them, yet this is the venue in which he claims to have filed said motion. I have also checked with the county in which I reside and no actions are filed under my name here either. I am totally lost as to where I stand in this issue, my attorney gets snippy and apparently angry when I request further info. Supposedly I have a deposition in February by opposing counsel but I don't have absolute confirmation of this and why would opposing counsel depose me if no action has been filed......? Am I completely missing something? Thx...

Default Re: How to Find Out if a Complaint Was Filed

First, it would be extremely unusual for a case of that type to meet the diversity requirements for federal court jurisdiction. Second, no, opposing counsel would not be deposing you if no case had been filed. So odds are you are talking about an action filed in state court.

If you don't like or trust your lawyer, fire him and hire a different lawyer.

Default Re: How to Find Out if a Complaint Was Filed

The opposing team moved for change of venue based on their "isolated transactions" in the forum state, which was documented by my attorney as a farce and dishonest in the eyes of the court. Supposedly the change of venue action was defeated upon filing of this rebuttle by my attorney, but once again I have no point of reference, no docket, no case number....Surely there is a case number if that kind of exchange has happened? Firing him would result in my "shitload" of discovery being held hostage.

- - - Updated - - -

Incidentally I was headed over to his office this afternoon to look at all the wonderful discovery and he cancelled on me. Cancelled for a legitimate reason, yes. We rescheduled for next wednesday. Upon cancelling I asked him where the motion was filed again because "I forgot" and he has not responded. I feel like I am being played and am unable to figure this out....Why is he being so evasive? We don't speak we only text, he does not accept my phone calls nor returns them, so I'm lucky he responds to texts I guess.

Any input other than fire him and hire a different lawyer would be appreciated.............. No disrespect intended Mr.Knowitall

1. Sponsored Links