Exclamation How to Get a Driver's License with No Social Security Number

Can anyone help me?
    I'm trying to figure out if and how to get a drivers license withOUT a social security number.
    I am in North Dakota and was born a USA citizen
    I also have a passport

is this possible? If not in North Dakota, is it in any other state? And could I apply for one in that state?

Thanks and hope you can help

Default Re: How to Get a Drivers License with No Social Security Number

where is your passport from?

why don't you have a SS number.

but to the last question;

you can only obtain a driver's license from the state you have established residency. If you want a license from a different state, you would have to move to that state and establish residency. Upon moving to any other state, you would be required to give up that license and obtain one from your new state of residence.

Quote Quoting NorthDakotalover
    View Post
    Can anyone help me?
    I'm trying to figure out if and how to get a drivers license withOUT a social security number.
    I am in North Dakota and was born a USA citizen
    I also have a passport

is this possible? If not in North Dakota, is it in any other state? And could I apply for one in that state?
    You don't say whether you don't have a social security or you just don't want to reveal it to the DMV.

The following article will answer your question about various states and their SSN requirements.

http://famguardian.org/Subjects/Free...versLicReq.htm

If you have a social security number, grow up and quit playing games.

If you don't have a social security number, get one.

So the answer is you do not have a US Passport or it is stolen.

Section 6039E of the Internal Revenue Code (26 U.S.C. 6039E) requires you to provide your Social Security Number (SSN), if you have one, when you apply for a U.S. passport or renewal of a U.S. passport. If you have not been issued a SSN, enter zeros in box #5 of the passport application form you are completing. Contact the Social Security Administration to request a Number. If you are residing abroad, you must also provide the name of the foreign country in which you are residing. The U.S. Department of State must provide your SSN and foreign residence information to the Department of Treasury. If you fail to provide the information, you are subject to a $500 penalty enforced by the IRS. All questions on this matter should be directed to the nearest IRS office.
    http://travel.state.gov/passport/faq/faq_1741.html

Yep, and if he's under 40 or so he HAS a social security number if his parents ever declared him as a dependent. If he's ever had a job he either has a social security number or he is breaking tax laws. As pointed out by others, there are darned few states that will issue a DL with out an SSN and you can't get a passport without one either.

It is possible to work and pay taxes while refusing a Social Security number for religious reasons, although "It will typically pose an undue hardship for an employer to accommodate an applicant or employee’s asserted religious belief against providing or using a social security number".

42 U.S.C. 466 requires state motor vehicle departments to record social security numbers on driver's license applications.

1. Sponsored Links