Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Stealing Price Tags to Return Items to a Store

If I were to go into Target and steal some price tags. I need the tags to return some merchandise of exact same value and kind. Reason being I threw out the tags too early and now need to return the products. I have no plan of price switching. I simply need the price tags for the return.

If I were to walk out of the store with the stolen price tags (WITHOUT taking any merchandise whatsoever), can they stop me for shoplifting?

Default Re: Caught for Shoplifting

Yes they can.

And Target has their own Crime Lab. You do not want to try to even steal a candy bar from Target. Your ass will be busted.

Thanks for your response. But don't you think its kinda weird, you haven't taken anything of value.

What I think is kinda weird is that you actually think this is a workable idea.

Your better option is to try to return the items you have that are missing the tags. Tell the customer service person that you can go get another one for them if they need it. This is the honest route and doesn't damage other merchandise by pulling a price tag off so that the next customer doesn't know how much it is. I work in retail and we take stuff back without tags as long as a) they have the receipt or b) if they don't have the receipt, we can put our hands on the exact same item.

Target might not even need the tag. I bought a comforter there once that was missing the tag but they got the sku information off of a sewn care tag of sorts on it.

Thanks for your input. I will try that. But just for discussion sake since I am interested. Would this be shoplifting (my original question)?

You would be stealing the price tags and fraudulently returning items with the tags on them. Each tag would be at least 2 crimes.

Quote Quoting jc900
    View Post
    Thanks for your input. I will try that. But just for discussion sake since I am interested. Would this be shoplifting (my original question)?

yeah but, the tags have NO value. And if I don't say anything, how would anyone know I'm returning. So can stealing price tags constitute a shoplifting charge?

It does not matter if you steal a coupon with a face value of 1/10th of one cent.

Quote Quoting jc900
    View Post
    yeah but, the tags have NO value. And if I don't say anything, how would anyone know I'm returning. So can stealing price tags constitute a shoplifting charge?

Quote Quoting jc900
    View Post
    Everyone is telling you that it is a crime to do what you were planning. Why worry about what-ifs if you're not going to do it?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast