Default Registration Revoked Due to Insurance Company Error

My question involves vehicle registration or title in the state of: Massachusetts

On a Thursday my daughter and her boy friend were driving my car. They pulled into his driveway when the state trooper put his lights on. They officer told the kids to pull out and park on the street. The officer said they had a headlight out. He wrote them a ticket in my name for unregistered, uninsured and of course the headlight. He checked all the charges as civil but wrote criminal at the bottom. My daughter is 21 yrs and her boyfriend is 19 driving on a permit. The officer towed the car and took the plates off. My car was and always has been insured. What happened was when I switched to Gieco they never reported it to the registry so when my old insurance ended the registry revoked my registration/plates. After standing in very longs lines all day the registry and Gieco finally fixed it. The registry sent me back to the barracks to get my plates. The office at the window said the citing office has the plates and will mot be back until Monday at midnight. He yelled at me and refused to call to see if I could get the plates.

So now I had to pay almost $300 in tows, including to get the car home and a registers fee. I will have to take a day off of work to go to court and pay court fees. I work in a school and I am a youth group leader and this will still show up on my cori when they dismiss it. Is it legal to put a ticket in my name when I was home should asleep. Can the trooper tell them to pull out of their driveway? It seems so unfair some one should be responsible.

Default Re: Registration Revoked Due to Insurance Company Error

It's your car, so you can be held responsible for allowing it to be operated without valid registration and insurance.

Why didn't you receive the notice of suspension; or if you did, why didn't you act when you received it?

What did your insurance company have to say when you called to complain?

I did not receive notification from the registry. The insurance company was oblivious. They were helpful but not knowledgable. They gave me the wrong forms twice.

Why didn't you receive notice of the suspension? Was the address on your registration current? When you contacted the DMV about it, what did you learn?

1. Sponsored Links