Default Violation of Informal Juvenile Probation

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Indiana

During the summer I was arrested with two friends of mine, one of which had nothing and the other had a half ounce, not relating to me. However, I had less than 20 grams of marijuana so I got charged with Possession of Marijuana under 20 grams. I got a Class A Misdemeanor and got sentenced to 6 months of Informal Probation. I was lucky to get informal because I was on informal probation about 2 or 3 years ago due to a Public Intoxication (marijuana) charge when I was 13. So just recently I got a urine test from my probation officer and I knew I would fail because I smoked the whole while on probation (3 months into it.) I have a court date to decide whether or not I want an attorney and I can't afford one personally, and my mom won't pay for one. Then after that court date I have another one which is when they will decide my punishment. I have completed all of my community service as scheduled, went to all of my drug classes as scheduled, attended every anger management class as scheduled, I still have more to complete, and I have outstanding grades (All A's and B's on my report card) and NEVER get in trouble at school.

What are the possible outcomes? I was already told by my probation officer I would not be sent off, but she did say I was gonna be switched to Formal Probation.
    Will the court even look at how well I have been doing, or will they just say "You're a criminal, another 6 months of probation and a bunch of fines, here you go!"

I am quite new to this website, so if there was a post similar to this than I will apologize now.

Default Re: Violation of Juvenile Probation (Informal Probation)

I was once just like this, so speaking from experience it could go either way. Sometimes you can get lucky and sometimes you could get the wrong judge. My advice would be to think about your future before you ruin it. I almost ruined mine but I got myself back on a good path and am now in my second year of college heading toward a comfortable career.

You seem intelligent enough to understand what I am saying. If they take everything into consideration and give you another chance, I would ditch the dope and take advantage of the opportunity to straighten yourself up.

Good Luck.

Default Re: Violation of Informal Juvenile Probation

How well you have been doing? You've been smoking weed through probation.

At this point, they have a few options:
    - Go to what your original sentence would have been.
    - Longer probation with weekly pee tests, heavier fines.
    - Narc Anon meetings or even rehab.

I'll take rehab any day, I just don't want an extended sentence

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Whatever I end up with is whatever, I'll do what I'll have to to get off this time. I was just pissed at myself for getting caught and had that whole "**** the courts" mindset for the first 3 months till I dropped dirty. I'm not trippin' about it, but I want to know if it is possible that I will only have to finish the rest of my 3 months, with drug classes or whatever they put me in. I know I'm not going to be sent to juvenile hall or anything, I just want to wrap up what I started, I'll take another 12 weeks of drug classes if that's what it takes. I sorta liked them because you find yourself relieving a lot of pressure and unnecessary stress after opening up and just talking.

Quote Quoting Username230
    View Post
    I sorta liked them because you find yourself relieving a lot of pressure and unnecessary stress after opening up and just talking.
    Have you tried AA or NA? That's what they're about.

We don't really have AA or NA, per say
    It's called a drug and alcohol class and its twelve weeks, and I completed that
    But I'm not too sure if we really have actual AA for minors
    It's a small town

Due to the fact that you were on probation for substances and you consistently continued use, there is a chance that your level of treatment could be increased possibly longer than the amount of probation that you have remaining.

View Post
    We don't really have AA or NA, per say
    Yes, you do.
    It's called a drug and alcohol class and its twelve weeks, and I completed that
    That's something different.

Now that I saw it again, you had treatment, you failed to comply with treatment and recommendations. You'd be better off begging for another treatment program with enhanced hours.

1. Sponsored Links