Default College Admission Made Contingent Upon Possible Requirement of Medical Leave

My question involves a person located in the state of: New Jersey

Hi, I went to a small liberal arts college ten years ago. I dated a prof., had a 4.0 GPA, and was majoring in education. I withdrew and re-applied two years later. The dean of academics said that there was suspicion that I broke college policy, although there is no written policy against fraternization. She asked if I had a drug/alcohol problem because my hands shook. I said no. She said the college would extend limited admittance but could ask me to leave if "I demonstrated a need for medical leave of absence" in writing.

My main issue is that she said I was unfit to work in education, and that "I could never manage a classroom." I feel she stepped out of the scope of her role/PhD in French by attempting to dx medical problems in a pejorative way, and made no attempt to accommodate (whatever she was insinuating). It turns out my hands shake because I had/have MS, and I am an awesome teacher. I lost credits and earning power going to another institution to finish my degree though. Thanks for your time.

Default Re: College Admission Made Contingent Upon Possible Requirement of Medical Leave

Thank you for sharing your story. When you have a legal question, be sure to let us know.

1. Sponsored Links