Default Spending Extended Time in Another Country with Misdemeanor Record

My question involves criminal records for the state of: Ohio

I have several misdemeanors (resisting arrest, obstructing official business, underage drinking, possession, OVI).

Those are being dealt with and yes I am still on probation for some of them.

That said, I have an opportunity to spend an extended period of time in an African nation this summer working for a family member who owns a long-established business in that country.

Assuming my PO agrees to let me go, what are other country's typical views on allowing convicted U.S. criminals spending extended periods of time within their borders?

Default Re: Spending Extended Time in Another Country with Misdemeanor Record

This is a US forum and every country is different. Don't know about Africa. Canada and Australia definitely have opinions both on outright ADMISSION of convicted criminals as well as allowing them work authorization. You'll probably need to contact someone in (or perhaps the US embassy of) the nation you're talking about.

1. Sponsored Links