Default Can Child Support be Based on Full-Time Income if You're Only Working Part-Time

My question involves child support in the State of: California

First of all, I am working part time because that is all that the company can give me and does not have an opening for a full time position.

I am the father of a 5 month old boy. I have currently filed for custody, child support, and visitation. In the mother's response to being served, she agreed with child support and said in her response that she would like me "to be required to support my son as if I was fully employed. Also, I should supply arrears, if applicable."

My question is: Will a judge order support to be paid as if I was full time, even though I don't work full time?

Default Re: Part Time Job but Full Time Child Support

It is possible you will be imputed a full-time income. You created another mouth to feed. Who do you expect to feed them? Clothe them? Insure them? Welcome to real life.

Default Re: Part Time Job but Full Time Child Support

Quote Quoting skywalker89
    View Post
    My question involves child support in the State of: California

First of all, I am working part time because that is all that the company can give me and does not have an opening for a full time position.

I am the father of a 5 month old boy. I have currently filed for custody, child support, and visitation. In the mother's response to being served, she agreed with child support and said in her response that she would like me "to be required to support my son as if I was fully employed. Also, I should supply arrears, if applicable."

My question is: Will a judge order support to be paid as if I was full time, even though I don't work full time?

It's virtually guaranteed that you'll be imputed an income equal to full time.

Let's be realistic here - how many NCPs would chomp at the bit if they thought for just one nanosecond that working part time = less cs?

Default Re: Can Child Support be Based on Full-Time Income if You're Only Working Part-Time

To have income imputed, the parent seeking imputation needs to offer proof both that you have the ability to work full-time (something that does not appear to be in dispute) but also that you have the opportunity to work full-time. Note, opportunity doesn't just mean with your current job - it can potentially mean that you're making a reasonable effort to find a new, full-time job or another part-time job to supplement your income during your present employer's downturn.

1. Sponsored Links