Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Having Family Members Hold Money

Phew...thank you.

Eggnog privileges restored.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Social Security Disability is not a welfare program. Yet. ,

Supplemental Security Income is a welfare program. His savings do count as assets. If he gives away his assets in order to qualify a three year non-payment penalty period can be imposed depending upon how much and when he gives away this money and he could be assessed an overpayment equaling every penny of SSI he receives. Could also face some criminal penalties.

And then these family members who he gives his money to may decide that they don't want to follow this (IMO) odd request to have celebrities sing and dance with him. Then he will not have his money and may not even get the benefit of it. I mean he is dishonest so he must have learned it somewhere.

If it is SSI, he is already getting a gift from the taxpayers of the United States for doing nothing besides being unable to work. Seems like a little gratitude would be the right emotion. And you are right, SSI recipients who save too much money don't qualify any more. They don't need it any more.

If he supported himself, there would be no government restriction on saving money. If he wants to save money, he should go to work and get off government (taxpayer) funded lifestyle.

Here's a link so you can read some real life stories about people convicted of Social Security fraud. Lots of stories not listed.

http://oig.ssa.gov/audits-and-invest...investigations

OP's...friend..whatever...originally wanted to sell raffle tickets to the event and not have to claim the income.

Do not microwave grapes

The OP post was missing a lot of punctuation so that may be why I didn't understand the concept about singing and dancing with celebrities.

Well then, not only could it be a resource issue but then it could also be some kind of self-employment as a promoter. Then it would matter for SSDI, not just SSI.

Quote Quoting Janke
    View Post
    The OP post was missing a lot of punctuation so that may be why I didn't understand the concept about singing and dancing with celebrities.
    Yeah...he kind of does that

He's also under the impression that hiring even the Kevin Federline types will be...cheap.

Well then, not only could it be a resource issue but then it could also be some kind of self-employment as a promoter. Then it would matter for SSDI, not just SSI.

Yeap!

Do not microwave grapes

ok I know I am sending you way too many emails but here is the main thing im wondering because I was doing some thinking and I don't think it breaks the rules to do it this way because its honest and ok to do

I am going to give whatever money I want to save to my aunt as a gift without the intent to save it and then when it comes the time I want to send off for the celebirties for the parties I will simply ask her and give her the option to whether or not or if she wants to buy it for me as a gift and if she wants too ok and if not ok

but this way her nameis on eveyrhting and im not saving and hoarding money

so this doesn't break ssi rules doesd it

Of course it does.

But you're going to do what you want to do no matter what we say so I hardly think it matters.

Besides, I think you're going to have a harder time convincing all these "celebrities" to do this "singing and dancing" thing with you than you imagine.

that doesn't break the rules because it isn't hoarding money its me giving a gift and giving her a choice ok

If you say so.

As I told you before, if you think you have all the answers, why are you here?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast