Default How to Stop a Spouse from Stalling During Divorce

My question involves a marriage in the state of: Mother's legal attorney sent over a proposal where my mom would keep her assets and dad would keep his assets. ALSO, she sent out a proposal to have a third party mediator work through negotiations in assets. Dad's lawyers hasn't responded to those proposals and just sent back a request to have my mom pay for the legal fees from my dad's side of the divorce. Foolishness.

My dad won't intervene because he doesn't understand the legal stuff involved and his lawyers are just driving this thing.

IN ADDITION to this, my dad is fighting a criminal charge right now for stalking my mom with forcing her to get in his car. There's currently a multi year restraining order on him and he said he is more worried about that now.

How does my mom break this stalling tactic? It's costing a lot of money and frankly she can't afford it as I might have to start paying for these legal fees (starting to become greater than $15,000 now).

State of California.

Advice?

Default Re: Dad Stalling Divorce Procedure: Advice

A stalling tactic is a bona-fide method to drag out the process. She needs to follow the advice of her lawyers regarding the best way to handle this. We should not second guess them.

Thank you for your reply Disagreeable,

To you and all viewers of this thread: She's still making the monthly mortgage payments on the house that my dad lives in (she moved out because he has a history of being physically abusive so she had to run away from him). She's paying monthly rent in her temporary place and paying for the old house. The financial burdens are tremendous. Since this is California there's no way to use a no-fault process to expedite things and get a judge to make a ruling?

She needs to speak with her attorney, not have her child posting on a message board.

- - - Updated - - -

Who told her she can't go "No fault" in CA?
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

1. Sponsored Links