Hybrid View

Default Bad Car Dealer - What Will Happen If I Don't Pay?

I bought a car from a dealer that has had their SDAT(Maryland) status forfeited many years ago. On the bill of sale it mentions the price with a note about the payments. There is no other loan agreement that specifies what can happen if I don't pay etc.

1. What can happen if I don't pay?

2. Can a dealer act as a finance company, if so do they need to follow any laws such as bonds and finance company licences?

3. Are there any laws that give me a 30 day guarantee if it was purchased at auction? I was told there are.

4. I already had to threaten the state inspection station(Maryland law has a 1000 mile warranty on state inspections) in order to get a few things fixed, but now I find that they still missed a few things. Can I now, after the 1000 mile guarantee, go after them because my complaints started earlier? They originally dodged me by saying there is no guarantee on inspections.

If anyone has any input on any of my concerns please reply.

Thanks

panther10758 Guest

Default Re: Bad car dealer, what can happen if I don't pay?

You bought a car you CANT refuse to pay without a Law Suit being filed againist you or repossesion of car!

Default Re: Bad car dealer, what can happen if I don't pay?

I would just like to report that all is well. I went to the MVA and reported my problem, then(as requested by the MVA)showed the dealer a copy of the report and got a check for the cost of the car and all the money I put into it. The dealer is also revoking the salesman's licence.

BTW; the 1000 mile Inspection does live on after 1000 miles if you report problems before it expires. So there is hope when faced with sleazeballs!

1. Sponsored Links