Default Judgment Debtor Gave Me Items to Sell, Now Wants Satisfaction of Judgment Filed

My question involves judgment recovery in the State of: CA

I am judgment creditor in a small claims case where judgment is $3200. After levying judgment debtor's bank account and bringing her into court for debtor's exam, I found the best she could do was to offer me a collection of vintage costume jewelry. (She doesn't work.) I agreed to try to sell it on Ebay to fulfill the judgment. In the three months since I have listed the stuff on Ebay, I have recouped $400. Judgment debtor is now leaving me angry voicemails in which she threatens to file criminal charges of theft if I don't file Satisfaction of Judgment and return the jewelry to her. This is certainly meant to control my behavior through fear. I have politely asked her to cease all contact. Does this rise to the level of extortion? Would it be at all worth my time to file a police report? Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Default Re: Judgment Debtor Threatens to File Criminal Charges--is It Extortion

I agreed to try to sell it on Ebay to fulfill the judgment.
    so, did you take it and agree to sell it and apply whatever you recieved against the debt or did you agree to take the jewelry as payment for the debt and you sell it to convert it to cash?

If you have done nothing illegal, let her call the police.

if I don't file Satisfaction of Judgment and return the jewelry to her.

and? or or?

Default Re: Judgment Debtor Threatens to File Criminal Charges--is It Extortion

The former... I agreed to sell it and apply whatever I received against the debt. She claims the jewelry is worth $6000 total, so she wants the Satisfaction of Judgment plus the return of jewelry valued in excess of the debt. (At the rate it is selling, though, I will be lucky to get $1500 for it all.) I don't mind her calling the police--it's an empty threat, but I don't like being threatened.

Apologies for the way this thread title is rendering... don't know why it appears as gibberish.

1. Sponsored Links