Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default License Revocation Due to Failure to Appear

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: CA

I parked my vehicle in a place which had a sign posted "No Rv's or Motorhomes" overnight in Encinitas, CA.

My car was registered as a standard car by CA DMV, not as a motorhome or RV, so I absolutely refuse to pay the ticket. I've always paid my fees and taxesand otherwise played by the rules and will not be extorted by anyone.

I moved to HI two weeks later and shipped the car as well.

I got a license in HI, and registered my car as a car, once again.

Now that I seek to renew my HI license, I cannot, because of the ticket and a failure to appear in CA for the bogus ticket.

How is this not extortion by CA?

How do I solve this? I need to drive. I have a spotless record other than CA's piracy attempt!!

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

Default Re: License Revocation Due to Failure to Appear

So you start by saying you parked your car (which is really an RV or motor home, I suppose) somewhere it shouldn't have been parked. I'm guessing by starting your post out by that the important part of this is that you were obviously cited for doing something you shouldn't have. Am I correct?

Then... instead of paying the citation or fighting it, you decided to ignore it and now because of YOUR actions, you're mad because CA took logical consequences.

Right?
    If you wanted babies all to yourself, you should have created them by yourself. Until you do that, children have the right to BOTH parents, especially since you found them suitable to procreate with.

What does the manufacturer and aftermarket modifier call it? So you felt you were above the law and it came back to bite you hard. I suggest you return to CA and make an appearance on the ticket you could have just paid and forgotten.

I think you missed an important fact: the DMV has called it a standard car, and not an RV/Motorhome.
    These are apples and oranges. The DMV alone has the power to define what it is you drive. The city may as well have tagged my car for being blue in a "no-red car" zone. I appealed to the city, and they said I need to pay the $155 because the city defines vehicles differently from the DMV. I had to catch a flight and did not have time to wrangle this out with the City Manager and the Sheriff and the DMV. It was Alice in Wonderland ticket anyway. Blue car, red zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Manufacturer calls it a car, but that is moot. DMV defines for everyone in that state what it is. Individuals, cities, counties, and other states, and the Feds.

Actually, you can cross register vehicles in many states. I have a pickup with car plates. That does not necessarily change the definition of what it is. Care to cite a CA statute that says it is not what it is, it is only what it is titled to be? That would speed along the discussion.

It is not I who was acting outside the law. This was wrong. They got it wrong.

I'm confused ... was this a PARKING ticket? Or, were you handed a citation which you signed as a promise to appear?

You will not get your driver's license suspended for a parking citation. You CAN get it suspended for failing to appear on a signed promise to appear (i.e. a citation).

The place to contest the citation is in court. or, in the case of a parking cite, with the hearing officer or panel and THEN the court if you lose the initial appeals. Arbitrarily refusing to take care of it is NOT a legal option.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

All I or anyone needs to know is that A.) It was in CA. B.) CA DMV defined it as a car, and alone has the power to do so, as ordered by the State of CA. C.) It was parked legally.

No other state is involved here.

Quote Quoting HotelCalifornia
    View Post
    It is not I who was acting outside the law. This was wrong. They got it wrong.
    Actually, yeah, you were.

You contest citations through the appropriate channels (court if a mover and a promise to appear, or a hearing officer or panel if a parking cite). The law offers you due process. If you fail to avail yourself of said due process and use it to show where the code section cited was in error, then the violation will stand for lack of anyone to contest it.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Yes, a simple, unsigned, found on the windshield, ticket. No signatures ever. Apparently, the city wanted it's money and took it to court. It should not have escalated to this, and now I am in HI.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast