My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Massachusetts.

Everything I have read about hostile work environments in MA says that unless it is sexual or in some way discriminatory that the the employees at the company I work for have to just suck it up and deal with it. The owner's wife (which i believe may be a co-owner) verbally assaults employees within the company on a daily basis, she cuts them down constantly and reduces them to tears. Very few employees have actually stood up to this woman and told her off, but for the last three days she has been especially brutal towards one employee and for things that this woman does not have any control or dealings with. She needs her job but the constant berating and verbal attacking is making her increasingly depressed and even possibly suicidal. I have told this woman to walk out and to tell the owner (whom is well aware his wife acts this way) that she is contacting an attorney because of the constant verbal assaults. What rights does she have as an employee to protect her against this woman's constant attack?