Default What Happens During a Gagnon II Hearing

My question involves criminal law for the state of: pa
    I was on probation for 2 years for access device fraud with restitution. I was non reporting for this case but because the restitution was not paid off in time i have to do to a gagnon 2 hearing. My question is what exactly goes on during these hearings. Will I be drug tested at the hearing. how long does it take usually, I was told by my PO that this is to "extend" my probation.

Default Re: What Happens During a Gag 2 Hearing

A PA probation officer can tell you to go in for a drug test at any time. They don't drug test you at hearings (though if you are sent to meet with the PO subsequently they are within their rights. Probationers are usually tested at intake and if the PO thinks there's some reason to do so at other times).

What is going on with the hearing is they're going to determine if they should resentence you on the original charge that you were on probation for (i.e., whether to send you to jail). Unless you were defiantly not paying the restitution, your PO is most likely giving you the straight story that they will extend the probation while you continue to make the restitution.

I have to tell you that you are being incredibly stupid risky to be violating the probation terms and doing drugs. You do know you could be randomly tested at ANY TIME during probation. I've heard of guys just getting at least one call to go in even when all was going well with the probation.

Thanks for the advice, I didn't say I was doing drugs, which I don't was just wondering if I will have to pee for these people, it happened at a court hearing of mine to get on probation the judge called my name i stood up he said sit back down i'm testing you. so was just wondering if thats how it worked. Also I am non reporting so I don't see my PO I call in every month to report. Was just curious as to how the whole process worked, i'm sure that it is to "extend" my probation until I pay it off. Thanks a bunch

OP, when someone asks if they will be drug tested, the assumption is that they have been doing drugs. For me, personally, that question just would not cross my mind (because I don't do drugs.) let alone, would I join a message board to ask that question.

Obviously, you are wondering for a reason. I suggest *if* you have been doing anything outside of the law, you stop it now.

Ok again i don't do drugs, did you think that I may have asked for another reason? I have a very hard time "going" in front of people and I would have to drink a ton of fluid prior to the hearing. I didn't join to ask that question if you read my initial thread i believe i asked "how long will it take etc etc" I could see if i said "yo i been smokin weed and i need to know if i'm gonna git piss tested at my hearing" no I just asked the question and i'm sorry you took it wrong, I have also said several times my charges were not drug related and that I am non reporting which would tend to lead into ....I don't do drugs, and as a matter of fact and this may be the reason that I'm so aggitated by your implications when I would usually just leave things alone, I'm pregnant and a single mother and needed moreover to know how long the stupid hearing is going to take so that I can let my employer know when to expect me at work.

Ok. Why don't you just call the courthouse and ask?

1. Sponsored Links