Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Can I Get Unemployment if I Felt Unfairly Held Accountable for Mistakes by Manage

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Im not going to entertain you anymore. People have given other ideas. And I would like as many as possible.
    Regardless, I will keep you all posted as to what happens.
    Thanks for the information so far, everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Quoting Disagreeable
    View Post
    Be careful trying to make that claim, you already admitted you walked out because you were being yelled at, not due to moral reasons.
    (ok just figured out the quote thing)

Thank you Disagreeable,
    Yes. The moral part of my actual claim wasnt as concise, it was mainly a rehashing of what I mentioned about the audits. I will be careful...though I think your idea is might be better.

Default Re: Can I Get Unemployment if I Felt Unfairly Held Accountable for Mistakes by Manage

What about the part of the Ohio Unemployment section that talks about quitting based on moral grounds as mitigating the fact that I quit?
    What "moral grounds" do you fancy yourself to have? Unless you were being required to steal, kill people, falsify safety data, or commit other actual crimes, "morals" don't come into it.

You quit mid-shift because you were being yelled at. You said so yourself.

I walked out because my direct supervisor was screaming at me telling me this was all my fault.
    As far as your former employer is concerned, you did indeed quit for personal reasons - you gave them no written notice, and never made any written complaints to document your issues. You stomped out in the middle of crush time, showing yourself completely unreliable and untrustworthy.

I'm going to tell you right now that you WILL be DENIED. It doesn't matter that you do not like this answer, this is what will happen. The State of Ohio takes an extremely dim view of quitting in a snit, then trying to come up with reasons later why you were actually dismissed. You don't want to hear that answer, and that's just too bad. We're not responsible for telling you what you want to hear.

Hit the bricks and find a new job, stat. You WILL NOT win this one, I can promise you this.

Now she won't like you either, Missy. She's gonna stay here till someone says, "If you say this, this and this you'll get unemployment", and if you keep getting all negative and telling her the truth, they're gonna be discouraged and won't tell give her what she wants!

Oh, and by the way, that's not what "constructive discharge" means legally. Just so you and Disagreeable both know.

Now she won't like you either, Missy. She's gonna stay here till someone says, "If you say this, this and this you'll get unemployment", and if you keep getting all negative and telling her the truth, they're gonna be discouraged and won't tell give her what she wants!
    Life is hard, and she should buy a helmet. At her age, she should know better by now that if you're having issues at a job, you document, document, document, then you find another job.

And what do you know, anyway? You're ONLY an HR professional, obviously you'd have no clue about these things.

I'll tell you the same thing.

If you quit your job, your chances of collecting Unemployment are very, very slim. You had better have a DAMNED good reason for quitting. Yours is not.

If you were to have been blamed for something and fired, your chances would be much improved.

An Unemployment Lawyer is going to either (1) Laugh you out of his/her office, or (2) Charge you money for a case you have a very slim chance of winning. I would look for a lawyer who would take the case on Contingency (if you win, you pay 30-40%).

I will tell you from experience - Unemployment court is not fun. I had a STRONG case though and won it. But it was not fun, and it took something like 9 months to get my day in front of an Administrative Law Judge (and paying for an advocate), testify, and then another 4 weeks to find out if I won or lost. If I had lost, I would have had to pay back the Unemployment benefits I had received. They appealed, had to pay a fee, it was reviewed, I won again. They appealed again, they paid another fee, I won again. They would have likely appealed again if it would not have cost them $900 for another appeal.

trust CBG on this - she is extremely knowledgable in these cases. If you can't believe her, then I do suggest an appointment with an Unemployment attorney.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3