Unhappy How Long Does It Take to Receive Red Light Camera Ticket in Los Angeles County

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California
    I've been flashed by traffic light camera for making right turn when it is still on yellow light on 10/29/2013 at Canoga Park & Roscoe Blvd. My question is how long will it take for me to receive the ticket ? Thanks for your time & your answer

Default Re: How Long Does It Take to Receive Red Light Camera Ticket in Los Angeles County

Quote Quoting loc732003
    View Post
    My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California
    I've been flashed by traffic light camera for making right turn when it is still on yellow light on 10/29/2013 at Canoga Park & Roscoe Blvd. My question is how long will it take for me to receive the ticket ? Thanks for your time & your answer
    Are you the registered owner of the vehicle?

Default Re: How Long Does It Take to Receive Red Light Camera Ticket in Los Angeles County

Quote Quoting loc732003
    View Post
    My question is how long will it take for me to receive the ticket ?
    It's only been about 3 weeks so my guess is that you'll receive it within the next 30 days.

If you receive it at all.

Many of those are dumped if they can't positively identify you as the driver from matching your license photo to the photocop photo or if the license plate photo turned out blurry.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    It's only been about 3 weeks so my guess is that you'll receive it within the next 30 days.
    Of course ^^this^^ would be incorrect if you are the registered owner of the vehicle...

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    Many of those are dumped if they can't positively identify you as the driver from matching your license photo to the photocop photo.
    And ^^this^^ would be incorrect because they can simply send it to the registered owner of the vehicle and shift the burden over to you to prove it was not you driving.

Yes, I am the registered owner.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Quoting That Guy
    View Post
    Are you the registered owner of the vehicle?
    Yes, I am the registered owner

Quote Quoting loc732003
    View Post
    Yes, I am the registered owner.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I am the registered owner
    Then by law, specifically, CVC 40518:

Whenever a written notice to appear has been issued by a peace officer or by a qualified employee of a law enforcement agency on a form approved by the Judicial Council for an alleged violation of Section 22451, or, based on an alleged violation of Section 21453, 21455, or 22101 recorded by an automated traffic enforcement system pursuant to Section 21455.5 or 22451, and delivered by mail within 15 days of the alleged violation to the current address of the registered owner of the vehicle on file with the department, with a certificate of mailing obtained as evidence of service, an exact and legible duplicate copy of the notice when filed with the magistrate shall constitute a complaint to which the defendant may enter a plea. Preparation and delivery of a notice to appear pursuant to this section is not an arrest.

They have 15 days to deposit it in the mail to your current address as per the DMV records... Since it has been 21 days since your specific date, I would say one of two things has happened: (a) the flash you saw was not caused by you but by someone else in another vehicle; or (b) the address on your vehicle registration and/or driver's license with the DMV is not your current mailing address and while a notice was in fact mailed to you, you did not receive it for obvious reasons.

I lived at this address for more than 5 years. And still receive renewal registration every year from DMV to my address.

Quote Quoting loc732003
    View Post
    I lived at this address for more than 5 years. And still receive renewal registration every year from DMV to my address.
    OK... So this covers you vehicle registration address. They can choose to issue it to your driver's license address if that is different. If on the other hand that is also current, then it appears you may have dodged a bullet. And if you live in the valley, passing the "busway" traffic signals can be a daily occurrence. Be careful!

Thanks all of you, especially " That Guy " for taking time to answer my concern. And hopefully I will avoid to get this ticket.

If one comes, you can ignore it, because the LA County court has decided that they will not report ignored tickets to the DMV. Skeptical? Do a Google on red light camera no consequence and then read the articles that come up.

1. Sponsored Links