Default Miscommunication Over Test Results Led to Treatment Delay, Stage 3 Colon Cancer

My question involves medical malpractice in the state of: California

In 2011, I was recommended for colonoscopy after stool test results showing blood through an online notification. But the doctor told me(before the stool test result) to go back to hospital if I felt bad again. After that I did not feel bad again until this summer in 2013 and I never received any phone call on any update of the stool test. There was an automatic online notification of test result availability. But the online system was very inconvenient to use and I had the impression that was just an auxiliary system for patient's convenience and not a formal communication means. And I could not use it anyways after repeated login/password reset failures. The hospital that was scheduled for my follow-up appointment of colonoscopy said to have called me and left a message. But I never received that message. Now 2 years later, I am diagnosed of stage 3 colon cancer. I'm wondering whether this can stand as a valid legal case against the hospitals for medical malpractice. Thanks.

Default Re: Miscommunication Causes Stage 3 Colon Cancer

You stuck your head in the sand and now you want to know who to sue?

Default Re: Miscommunication Causes Stage 3 Colon Cancer

I read your post a couple of times and must have missed the part where you called to ask for the results of the test when you couldn't get on line.

Default Re: Miscommunication Over Test Results Led to Treatment Delay, Stage 3 Colon Cancer

You need to get your medical records, and have a malpractice lawyer review them and advise you. We don't have the necessary facts to evaluate the case.

1. Sponsored Links