Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Default Re: Force Child to Visit Bio Dad

What an idiot. You claim dad is the problem and given the possibility to remedy the problem, you say you do not want to remedy the problem if it means dad doesn't suffer.

You are either a troll or a situating person that has no business being around anybody's children in a quasi parental position. It would appear you are the problem in all of this.

and the reference to defacatilon:

The statement, in less PC terms is: shit or get off the pot.

it means: either get busy taking care of business or get out of the way so you are 't impeding anybody else that needs to take care of business

Yea...this thread actually made me reconsider...I was being selfish regarding the adoption reasons..

He doesn't want to visit...and doesn't support the child.

I'm doing everything he should be doing...and only way you wouldn't know he isn't mine is by the last name..

We'll see what happens in the near future...

But, still on the fence...if we divorce...I would be on the hook for child support instead...

So, cut the attitude and stop trolling
    Sweetheart, you really need to learn the meaning of "trolling". It does NOT mean "telling someone hard truths that they don't want to hear". Doggie is a very much valued, KNOWLEDGABLE contributor with Imperial Tons of first hand experience in matters of step-parenting, custody, and visitation. You should be thanking her for slapping you back into reality instead of stomping your foot and naming her "troll".

The statement, in less PC terms is: shit or get off the pot.
    I was trying REALLY HARD to be nice. Much prefer channeling my Opa, though.

But, still on the fence...if we divorce...I would be on the hook for child support instead...
    Do you love the kid? Think he's the bee's knees? Why is the money so important to you, if no one can tell that he's not your biological son?

I have a friend who divorced for the second time a few years ago. She had a son from her first marriage. Step-dad never adopted him, because Dad wouldn't have agreed. But Step-dad loved that kid with every fiber of his being. So, Mom and Step-dad eventually (amicably) divorced. Mom and Step-dad are of the opinion that you don't sever a 10 year relationship with a child just because he's not "of your blood". Step-dad gets Kiddo one night a week, and Step-dad's parents get kiddo for an entire week after Christmas. They all show up for his birthdays. Step-dad and his girlfriend take Kiddo out shopping for clothes and gadgets and such. No one cares about the money. They all love the Kiddo, and that's how you know that they're all functioning adults.

Your Blame and Punish mentality is not healthy. If you want to keep holding yourself out as Kiddo's Dad, you know what you need to do. If you don't, get the seven blazing Hells out of the way.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5